IGNORED

7/29 Tuna

Cousin Brown

Good day on the tuna grounds.  Went 15/16 losing a slob at boat side.  Lots of rat fish, had to pick through them for the bigger ones.  Left by 10 am.  

Video of a small rat going after a side tracker.

205301B8-B0F9-451B-A223-7A70F4E97B48.jpeg

E82006D8-03FF-45FE-857D-70E6502BD105.jpeg

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

2 hours ago, archer36 said:

That's one fish I have not sought after in NJ. My three Sons and I caught a bunch of small Yellowfins in Mexico but nothing close to that size. Must be a real rush! Congrats!

IMO, no better fish to catch. Just love everything about tuna. Only negative is you need to go pretty far offshore in NJ. Never understood guys chasing marlin. I am like a jukebox on repeat....if you are interested in tuna fishing head to Cape Cod. In Cape Cod trips are 1500-1600 per cc. Here 2000-2100. NJ is a minimum of 20 miles offshore (usually far more). Cape Cod is sometimes less than a mile. Also, bigger fish 99% of time in Cape Cod. If you never tuna fished, go once....

5 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

IMO, no better fish to catch. Just love everything about tuna. Only negative is you need to go pretty far offshore in NJ. Never understood guys chasing marlin. I am like a jukebox on repeat....if you are interested in tuna fishing head to Cape Cod. In Cape Cod trips are 1500-1600 per cc. Here 2000-2100. NJ is a minimum of 20 miles offshore (usually far more). Cape Cod is sometimes less than a mile. Also, bigger fish 99% of time in Cape Cod. If you never tuna fished, go once....

I'll keep that in mind if I ever go. I am not up to going far offshore and get skunked. I had someone ask if I wanted to go Tuna fishing with him, but I declined. I know it's not sportsmanlike to talk about getting skunked when you go fishing as it is always a gamble.  I have fished a lot outside the U.S. and you just get spoiled. 

18 hours ago, archer36 said:

I'll keep that in mind if I ever go. I am not up to going far offshore and get skunked. I had someone ask if I wanted to go Tuna fishing with him, but I declined. I know it's not sportsmanlike to talk about getting skunked when you go fishing as it is always a gamble.  I have fished a lot outside the U.S. and you just get spoiled. 

Got skunked yesterday

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers: