IGNORED

Whale creek

Coyoteslayer

Ok Sunday I will be renting a boat from whale creek marina with my father in our annual fluke competition.  Not sure the limits of how far u can take the boat but looking for any Intel from those who know it.  My father  kicks my ass on this day lol. I've out fished him here and there over the years but on this Day every damn year admittedly he is game 7 mike. Including some magical wins. He once pulled a doormat up with 3 minutes of fishing left!! He pulled a buzzer beater fluke 1 year that was a quarter inch bigger than mine!! I've already told him I'll bring him til I win so I'll wheel his 90 year old ass out there and force him to fish if have to. Anyone familiar with whale creek? I've added a depth finder to my arsenal. Hoping that is the steam engine to this old John Henry lol!!

It appears we will be getting our boats at about dead low tide so incoming tide. My plan is to head toward Ludlam Bay  and search for some deeper holes. Also working the sod banks along the way. The water isn't that warm yet so am I wrong to think depth isn't as important of a factor?

I'd go north towards corsons but thats because I hate crowds and ludlam will be full of shoobies. Lol  Find some slopes in those feeder creeks.  Not sure if that marina has em but grass shrimp are effective.  Good luck and have fun with your dad. 

10 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

I'd go north towards corsons but thats because I hate crowds and ludlam will be full of shoobies. Lol  Find some slopes in those feeder creeks.  Not sure if that marina has em but grass shrimp are effective.  Good luck and have fun with your dad. 

I was thinking there would be more people toward corsons. What is a shoobie lol? Never heard that term

7 hours ago, chenrossi said:

Wouldn’t waste going towards ludham from there esp w dead low tide. 1) it’s a long boat ride in one of those dingies and 2) it gets lot of knuckleheads ripping through boats trying to fish. Better off sticking to flat creek or going north of it around the 315-325s. 

Talking with a friend of mine earlier he also suggested going north. 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:58 PM, Recurve hntr said:

I have a camper in a campground on rt9 right out of sea isle. On my way down yesterday there was a house with signs on the lawn out by the street that said Go home shoobies. I was wondering what that was about. Hilarious 😂 

I too am curious, in my days it used to be benny's Bergen Essex Newark and New York. Usually expressed from the local desirables. I remember when I trailered somebody /s  spray painted on the s.gsp 117 exit for Sandy Hook billboard Benny's go home,didn't like the traffic but the businesses do.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt