IGNORED

Scrap prices

5 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

@hemlock here you go friend. Wow prices are up. Black iron 14 dollars a hundred!!! #2 copper 3.57. Copper aluminum fin 1.92 clean!!! 

Walked out 120 bucks for a small load. Wasnt expecting that. Black iron has doubl3d since I came about a month ago.  Prices may vary where u are. But not much.

I was taking bare bright,  #1 and #2 copper a couple weeks ago. It was $4.30 and $4.15 a pound. 3 days and walked away with $6500. My father in law saved this stuff for 50 years. Still have a couple more trips to go but mostly with other metals.

3 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I was taking bare bright,  #1 and #2 copper a couple weeks ago. It was $4.30 and $4.15 a pound. 3 days and walked away with $6500. My father in law saved this stuff for 50 years. Still have a couple more trips to go but mostly with other metals.

It's a necessary evil for me. Noone wants their old ac units when I replace em. Usually I let it pile up til it annoys me at my shop or prices spike like this.  Good time to unload if you have it sitting around.

1 minute ago, Coyoteslayer said:

It's a necessary evil for me. Noone wants their old ac units when I replace em. Usually I let it pile up til it annoys me at my shop or prices spike like this.  Good time to unload if you have it sitting around.

I took my father in law years ago when Bare was $3.20 and got him a few grand back then. I can't believe how much of this stuff he squirreled away. I see a lot of guys bringing in ac units and other scrap from jobs when I go. It supplements the income and gets stuff to where it is useful instead of dumped somewhere. 

13 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I took my father in law years ago when Bare was $3.20 and got him a few grand back then. I can't believe how much of this stuff he squirreled away. I see a lot of guys bringing in ac units and other scrap from jobs when I go. It supplements the income and gets stuff to where it is useful instead of dumped somewhere. 

Yep. And if u take the time to separate metals you maximize return. Cut soldered fittings off copper and keep separate otherwise u get #2. Cut brass valves off copper and separate. Cut steel plate ends off ac coils or radiators. Motors compressors are not steel. You get a much higher price for them. I keep them in a pile separated also.  All these things add up if u have a full load. 

54 minutes ago, hemlock said:

Awesome!! That's great news. I'm definitely going to take it this week.  Thanks again coyoteslayer i definitely appreciate it. I will post up how i make out as well. 

I've never seen light iron this high. Copper has hit these levels before finally the other metals are rising in lock step.  It can keep rising!!

8 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

I save all my scrap wire from jobs and cash in once a year. Goes right back into my hunting fund. 

I just had a huge phone cable job , where we took out alot of the old copper phone cable and replaced with fiber optic,  I must of threw out 500 lbs of 26 gauge,   I might go dumpster diving tomorrow to reclaim it

44 minutes ago, Dominant buck said:

I just had a huge phone cable job , where we took out alot of the old copper phone cable and replaced with fiber optic,  I must of threw out 500 lbs of 26 gauge,   I might go dumpster diving tomorrow to reclaim it

I would.  I don't even strip it. 

Usually I get a grand or 2 on a haul

www.liftxrentals.com