IGNORED

Anyone know a welder in Burlington county area?

BowhunterNJ

25 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Live in 08088, looking for a welder in the area.  Doesn't need to be a mobile welder, they can do it in their shop.

Don't know if this is too far, Blackie's welding rt. 571 Jackson n.j. 732-657-8100, been there since 1960, not too far from Colliers Mills

15 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I know a great welder up this way.  I know that's a bit of a hike for you though.  

What do you need welded?

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/snow-plowing-a-gravel-drive-problem-solved.194021/post-4351149

Pretty simply mod for a snow blade I'm getting for my tractor that will be used on gravel.  Round pipe welded to flat steel section.  Then just need to drill holes to mount and bolt on the modded pipe and horse mat to the plow. :up:

Little far to go up that way, I'll reach out if I can't find anyone though!  Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Why don't you just use a piece of PVC pipe? This way you could easily take it off if you need to?  Just watched a couple videos on doing it on You Tube yesterday.

They're ok but they break pretty easy and can't work the blade the same.  Similar to just a rounded steel pipe without the mat folding over, they'll dig in.  The guys on forum from the link I sent have tried all that stuff and that is the best idea and tested approach I've seen.   Steel and mat will last a long time.  And mat is easy to replace.  Easy to take off the blade too with a few bolts. 

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/snow-plowing-a-gravel-drive-problem-solved.194021/post-4351149

Pretty simply mod for a snow blade I'm getting for my tractor that will be used on gravel.  Round pipe welded to flat steel section.  Then just need to drill holes to mount and bolt on the modded pipe and horse mat to the plow. :up:

Little far to go up that way, I'll reach out if I can't find anyone though!  Thank you. 

So you're going to drill holes in the plow blade anyway, right?  Why not just bolt the horse stall mat directly to the blade?

7 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

So you're going to drill holes in the plow blade anyway, right?  Why not just bolt the horse stall mat directly to the blade?

I think it was tried and still dug into gravel due to the blade.  That rounded pipe was the next revision to avoid digging in and plowing your gravel with the snow.  

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Live in 08088, looking for a welder in the area.  Doesn't need to be a mobile welder, they can do it in their shop.

https://www.ssreg.com/bcit/classes/classes.asp?catID=5326

They also have courses in Computer Programming that you should probably take.  I've seen your code.  It hurts my eyes.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Matt, I wish my father could do this for you. Welder by trade all his life. He stopped working at 81. He can no longer kneel.

For "shits and giggles" what size blade? Looks like 2-3" round tubing needed along with a modified 2-3" angle iron welded on to bolt to blade.

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

1 hour ago, Cripple Shot said:

Matt, I wish my father could do this for you. Welder by trade all his life. He stopped working at 81. He can no longer kneel.

For "shits and giggles" what size blade? Looks like 2-3" round tubing needed along with a modified 2-3" angle iron welded on to bolt to blade.

No worries!  It's a 72" blade.  Looks like the guy in the link I included above used 2.5" round pipe and agree I think he welded it to a piece of angle iron.

img_1404-jpg.454671

1 hour ago, Booner said:

If you come to Howell I'll do it for you. Or you have 240v? I'll bring the machine.

Awesome, I may take you up on that!  I have no idea what materials I'd need or where to get them, although I'd imagine most plumbing suppliers have steel pipe and a steel supplier may have both pipe and angle iron.  The horse mat I can get at Tractor Supply.  I'll shoot you a PM when I'm ready.  I might give the blade a test run before I do the mod, but I'll see what happens.  Now that I have it, we probably won't see snow that needs plowing for 10 years :rofl:

52 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

No worries!  It's a 72" blade.  Looks like the guy in the link I included above used 2.5" round pipe and agree I think he welded it to a piece of angle iron.

img_1404-jpg.454671

Awesome, I may take you up on that!  I have no idea what materials I'd need or where to get them, although I'd imagine most plumbing suppliers have steel pipe and a steel supplier may have both pipe and angle iron.  The horse mat I can get at Tractor Supply.  I'll shoot you a PM when I'm ready.  I might give the blade a test run before I do the mod, but I'll see what happens.  Now that I have it, we probably won't see snow that needs plowing for 10 years :rofl:

If there is an AirGas near you, they carry welding supplies.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

There used to be a Guy on Rt130 in Burlington. 

Sorry, haven't been in town in a while.

Rt. 206 should have one in Tabernacle.. 

Edited by thefirstndsecond

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford