IGNORED

Anyone shooting TOA. Broadheads

hammer4reel

46 minutes ago, Trophy8 said:

Whichever BH you go with, with your setup you will not have any issues, pass thru unless you hit major bone.

How about breaking out some 245 Anderson heads,? They'll do the job.:rofl:

If the bow is shooting 300-330 fps with a 500 gr. arrow, it will generate 90-110 lbs of KE at 40 yds. The arrow has the ability to generate more than enough KE beyond 100 yds to kill an Elk (not recommending it). Only 70 lbs of KE is required to kill any North American game with the proper BH. 

Edited by archer36

5 minutes ago, archer36 said:

If the bow is shooting 300-330 fps with a 500 gr. arrow, it will generate 90-110 lbs of KE at 40 yds. The arrow has the ability to generate more than enough KE beyond 100 yds to kill an Elk (not recommending it). Only 70 lbs of KE is required to kill any North American game with the proper BH. 

My bow generates around 62lbs, twice we've never found the arrow after passing thru an elk...only adds to your point.

Today's bows are so efficient and very deadly on any NA animal when properly set up.

1 hour ago, Trophy8 said:

Whichever BH you go with, with your setup you will not have any issues, pass thru unless you hit major bone.

How about breaking out some 245 Anderson heads,? They'll do the job.:rofl:

I have 363, 245 and 365 , also have a few of the bigger ones , think they were 1 3/4” .

don’t plan on hitting any bone except a solid hit on a rib , sk want a little more durable head to blow through that .

any elk recommendation I’m all ears .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

31 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I have 363, 245 and 365 , also have a few of the bigger ones , think they were 1 3/4” .

don’t plan on hitting any bone except a solid hit on a rib , sk want a little more durable head to blow through that .

any elk recommendation I’m all ears .

BH style I think your on the right track,  reality imo most well constructed bh's will do the job. You have the knowledge, whatever you decide I'm sure will produce good results.

My son and I do DIY trespass fee hunt on 4k acre ranch thru an outfitter. We enjoy it as it let's us hunt at our pace, if he wants to run and gun and I don't, the ranch provides options.

As mentioned earlier, I've used both the striker and magnus stinger. My son uses the 125gr viper trick....last year his arrow exited thru the offside leg just below the joint...then again his shot was only 10yds...:rofl:. He had to look hard to find the arrow. 

Seen him do.it a few times on deer. 500gr moving around 250fps...he's found a combo that works for him even if the shot is off a bit.

Personally I prefer a little more blade, but might give a go come Sept. 

As an aside, you may want to peruse the rokslide.com website, it’s a western oriented message board, with elk threads making up the bulk of the content, there’s an elk specific forum. Any question that has ever been dreamed up has been answered countless times. I was on there a lot as elk hunting was my main passion, but gave it up last year as I just don’t have the drive anymore to do what’s needed for a successful elk hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, njdoxie said:

As an aside, you may want to peruse the rokslide.com website, it’s a western oriented message board, with elk threads making up the bulk of the content, there’s an elk specific forum. Any question that has ever been dreamed up has been answered countless times. I was on there a lot as elk hunting was my main passion, but gave it up last year as I just don’t have the drive anymore to do what’s needed for a successful elk hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have gotten quite a bit of info from that site .

lots of good reads there 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Tooth of the Arrow couple years ago. As far as fixed blades.. AJ loves tooth of the arrow and I think the OZ cuts.

At the 2:40 mark

https://www.toothofthearrowbroadheads.com/

Edited by thefirstndsecond

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford