IGNORED

"Buck Mountain" Farny State Park

smungung

Anyone hunt this place? I emailed NJDEP last year about hunting Farny, they told me Buck Mountain is the only area open to hunting. They sent me a map with a location to park and access the area by foot (I have lost the map cant find it). If anyone does/has hunted here is it super busy? Any other info is much appreciated. If I find the map I'll post it in here.

Smungung

H

5 minutes ago, Whitetail31 said:

Lots and lots of quads and dirt bikes. Big woods just crazy amount of illegal riding.

Hunted many moons ago when it's a secret spot. Never good for deer but good for turkey.It had posters that were still there from Mayor Gibson.lol.. I don't think many people thought it was legal then unless you knew about the boy scout camp. Some group came in and improved the trails, then the nice muddy logging roads were graded and covered with wood chips. The small parking lot was improved then the pick em up trucks with the trailers and the quads and a four wheels and their ATVs and their motocrosses! I stopped going there.:cryingcry:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Don't park on the dirt portion of Split Rock Road....The local PD is aggressive about parking enforcement there.

The NJ Muzzloader Assn. used to have permission to hunt the Boy Scout Camp, but as far as I know that organization is defunct.

Edited by 230jhp

18 hours ago, Whitetail31 said:

Lots and lots of quads and dirt bikes. Big woods just crazy amount of illegal riding.

Isn't there something that can be done??? 

Does anyone on here know a warden?  If the wardens won't do anything, can this be brought to attention of wardens manager?  Keep bubbling it up until it's taken care of.

If I knew some of the higher ups and was familiar with the location, I would call and keep calling and keep going up the chain.

It's not right to just let this continue.

It’s all over state land, Newark watershed in the Passaic county, Sussex County, and Morris County area. Anywhere you go there is tons and tons of riding. I was in the woods yesterday with my buddy scouting a piece of Newark watershed and a dirtbike came through the middle of the woods where there’s not even any trails. Five minutes later a quad came through the woods with 100 pounds of corn ground blind and feed blocks to put out. The Game Warden‘s and Newark watershed security cannot keep up with it. My house borders up the state land and the Game Warden‘s do come here and catch guys. But they cannot be everywhere at one time.

46 minutes ago, njdoxie said:

Isn't there something that can be done??? 

Does anyone on here know a warden?  If the wardens won't do anything, can this be brought to attention of wardens manager?  Keep bubbling it up until it's taken care of.

If I knew some of the higher ups and was familiar with the location, I would call and keep calling and keep going up the chain.

It's not right to just let this continue.

good luck !!!   these guys could give a shit . Its the catch me if you can attitude.  

2 hours ago, Deerslayer21 said:

good luck !!!   these guys could give a shit . Its the catch me if you can attitude.  

Well then quads need to be confiscated if that's what it takes....that would stop it quick....but law probably doesn't allow for that.