IGNORED

11/1 Check In

Greybeard

2 hours ago, megavites said:

you have cool temps. It happens. No rain incoming, check in the morning.

I'm pretty confident she's been dead for a few hours already and where is she. Just a shot I KNEW better than to take. I hate heavy quartering away shots, sort of rushed it. I went home and ate. Went back after dark. Lot of gut at POI. I went 15-20 yards and seeing same story, just backed out for the night. Not worried about recovery, just hate making an err of judgement in moment regardless of the deer. Her mule kick made me think otherwise, thought I drilled her til she made it as far as she did.

7 hours ago, chenrossi said:

I'm pretty confident she's been dead for a few hours already and where is she. Just a shot I KNEW better than to take. I hate heavy quartering away shots, sort of rushed it. I went home and ate. Went back after dark. Lot of gut at POI. I went 15-20 yards and seeing same story, just backed out for the night. Not worried about recovery, just hate making an err of judgement in moment regardless of the deer. Her mule kick made me think otherwise, thought I drilled her til she made it as far as she did.

If you didn't push her she won't be far. Plenty cool enough for her as long as the coyotes or bears if up north don't get her first.

14 hours ago, Buck154 said:

If you didn't push her she won't be far. Plenty cool enough for her as long as the coyotes or bears if up north don't get her first.

Unfortunately coyotes got to her last night. I tracked her for about 3.5 hours this morning ~250 yards. Lost sign but had an idea of direction. Think she got bumped last night where I lost blood this am.  Took a break and went back during rain today, followed what looked like a deer dragging/staggering. Found her about another 100 yards away going down into a swamp which I figured. Frustrating. Stinks but such is life. Just glad I at least found her to have some of my sanity back. Hate, hate losing a deer regardless of what it is.