IGNORED

Good salt fishing lures

JHbowhunter

20 hours ago, nmc02 said:

My buddy designed these....work very well

Screenshot_20210829-124209_Chrome.jpg

This looks a lot like a bigger version of the Yo Zuri topknock pencil, $7.99 now at Discount Tackle.  If it behaves like the YZ topknock pencil I'm sure it's excellent and your buddy produced a winner. Does it have a rattle? YZ rattle sounds just like the bunker when you hear it moving on flat water. 

https://discounttackle.com/products/yo-zuri-3d-inshore-topknock-pencil-5-inch-topwater-walker?variant=32040876703833

17 hours ago, Codaboy said:

Here is the sp minnow that a good bass broke in 2. And it s not wired thru.
This is what was left after the initial run. So no more sp minnows for me, cheap hardware, non wired thru, and cheap plastic. I try to stick to solid resin or wood plugs. Cost a little more but the quality is 10 fold. 5f84b106d6dbcfa15f54d415d08831a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Yeah, crap, but the bass just can't stay away from that cheap wiggle. That problem can run across species, ending up with crappy hookups and broken bodies :)

On 8/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, JHbowhunter said:

the water will neutralize the gravity - no worries.  I suck at fluke fishing anyway, so it would not make much difference either way. 

Also - maybe he designs them to point up a bit, so as to imitate a baitfish or squid darting off the bottom 

I tend to agree. Gulp will stabilize the jig like a tail on the kite. I see this jig come up from the bottom on a slight angle and then the tail pushed back by the current will make it swim horizontally. I think this jig will present more action.  That my theory and I’m sticking to it :happywave: 

Edited by Lunatic

2 hours ago, bucky said:

I'm going to order a couple 9 inch , the rings and hooks look sturdier than the Docs. Hopefully you went with 9"because they will out fish the 7" consistently :up:

I did go with 9" - still learning the NJ striper bite but wanted something big and white to work through a surface bite while livelining bunker.    The RI and CC striper bites are less finicky but these will also seperate the schoolies from the larger fish hopefully. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….