IGNORED

Score this MONSTER ZONE 3 Shed!!!

Haskell_Hunter

On 7/6/2021 at 4:57 PM, Haskell_Hunter said:

As everyone is probably aware, Zone 3 is a QDM zone.  Found this monster shed recently and figured someone might be able to score this for me.  I'm thinking it's borderline B&C since I haven't seen a larger set of antlers in this zone in the past decade or so.  Also note that every hunter in Zone 3 has to give this beast a pass because of QDM.  Interestingly, all of the deer in this zone are starting to sport racks like this....

So give it your best shot and score this beast!  @JHbowhunterdon't be jealous.

IMG_0603.thumb.jpeg.cae099d82ed825dcf1b16c5e3f4345c1.jpeg

On 7/6/2021 at 4:57 PM, Haskell_Hunter said:

As everyone is probably aware, Zone 3 is a QDM zone.  Found this monster shed recently and figured someone might be able to score this for me.  I'm thinking it's borderline B&C since I haven't seen a larger set of antlers in this zone in the past decade or so.  Also note that every hunter in Zone 3 has to give this beast a pass because of QDM.  Interestingly, all of the deer in this zone are starting to sport racks like this....

So give it your best shot and score this beast!  @JHbowhunterdon't be jealous.

IMG_0603.thumb.jpeg.cae099d82ed825dcf1b16c5e3f4345c1.jpeg

Not true at all. You shoud see some of the bucks I see crossing the road here in Vernon every fall! Most of you would get a bad case of buck fever!

19 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

Zone 3 has some big bucks. But they are in no way easy to pattern and hunt.  There are hundreds of acres of forest for the deer to hide in. They love to lay up in the mountain laurels during the day. And the hunters walk right past them. If they have lived long enough to grow nice racks, most will die of old age.

Stop telling people there are decent deer in Z3!  You're burning my spot!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

18 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

18 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Sure, if they want to walk in three miles over rough terrain.  And then see a spike and a four point walk by for an all day sit, let them.

41 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

You will likely see more bear in zone 3 than deer.

Definitely! Here in Vernon, deer and bear do not get along. Maybe they do down in Morris and Warren counties, If there are bears, there are few if any deer around. And it is only going to get worse with the ban on bear hunting.