IGNORED

Bug ID Please (**EDIT** more pics added)

Hunter115522

@Zone50BugNerd

Maybe you can help lol. 

Been getting tons of these all over my table on my patio. I spray it down, couple hours later they are all over again. They almost remind my of ticks (i know they aren't tho) They are tiny, green. No woods around, the table is on pavers. I don't know where they are coming from?

Screenshot_20210430-175107_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210430-194435_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210430-194443_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Hunter115522

1 minute ago, NotJust22s said:

Some kinds of aphid?

Very likely, possibly a turf species life a greenbug aphid.  I can’t tell from the photo if those are antenna or pedipalps.  Mites would pedipalps, whereas aphids have antenna (useful information in making an identification).  Clover mites, although typically red, have sub species that as adults are green in color. 

Either/or they are originating from the lawn and turf.  Have you recently put down any turf builders or fertilizers?  

I’ll skim through some texts tonight and see what I can find.  Turf is typically outside of my area, but I’ll dig deeper. 

27 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

@Zone50BugNerd

Maybe you can help lol. 

Been getting tons of these all over my table on my patio. I spray it down, couple hours later they are all over again. They almost remind my of ticks (i know they aren't tho) They are tiny, green. No woods around, the table is on pavers. I don't know where they are coming from?

Screenshot_20210430-175107_Gallery.jpg

Hmmmm Looks like an IRISH TICK

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

22 minutes ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

Very likely, possibly a turf species life a greenbug aphid.  I can’t tell from the photo if those are antenna or pedipalps.  Mites would pedipalps, whereas aphids have antenna (useful information in making an identification).  Clover mites, although typically red, have sub species that as adults are green in color. 

Either/or they are originating from the lawn and turf.  Have you recently put down any turf builders or fertilizers?  

I’ll skim through some texts tonight and see what I can find.  Turf is typically outside of my area, but I’ll dig deeper. 

Thanks so much for the info. No turf builder or fertilizer added recently. The strange thing is, this table is about 15 feet from the nearest grass, as it's on my pavers. Don't know how the size conveys in the pic, but they are TINY. The size of a pen dot. I hosed the table off about 2 hours ago, just check.. they are all over again.

• Hunter115522 changed the title to Bug ID Please (**EDIT** more pics added)

Zoomed in closer on the pics, 6 legs, so it’s an insect and not a mite (they have 8).  I’m still leaning towards a greenbug aphid, of which there are some 70+ different species.  The distance from patio to grass doesn’t exclude these critters, they travel.  I wouldn’t be overly concerned, and I would stop spraying the patio to be honest, it is of little value.  You could try a turf treatment with any over the counter product at Lowe’s or Home Depot, most of them synthetic pyrethroids; but chose a granular product that you would apply with a drop spreader.  Don’t over due it either, whatever the label calls for as far as spreader setting goes, adhere to it.

35 minutes ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

Zoomed in closer on the pics, 6 legs, so it’s an insect and not a mite (they have 8).  I’m still leaning towards a greenbug aphid, of which there are some 70+ different species.  The distance from patio to grass doesn’t exclude these critters, they travel.  I wouldn’t be overly concerned, and I would stop spraying the patio to be honest, it is of little value.  You could try a turf treatment with any over the counter product at Lowe’s or Home Depot, most of them synthetic pyrethroids; but chose a granular product that you would apply with a drop spreader.  Don’t over due it either, whatever the label calls for as far as spreader setting goes, adhere to it.

Thank you so much for the info, greatly appreciated!