IGNORED

Bear Butchers ???

hunt1940

Butchers are loaded with work and not only wild game butcher. We have two pigs on the farm ready to be butchered since the end of November and we could not find one in NJ or PA who would take the work. We actually called our regular guy in PA i August and he declined. Get this, one in new Jersey gave us a date in the middle of January:shock: The two pigs will be huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Butchers are loaded with work and not only wild game butcher. We have two pigs on the farm ready to be butchered since the end of November and we could not find one in NJ or PA who would take the work. We actually called our regular guy in PA i August and he declined. Get this, one in new Jersey gave us a date in the middle of January:shock: The two pigs will be huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to put them on a diet

12 hours ago, hunt1940 said:

Checked everyone  i know and no one seems to know any body who will be butchering bear .Charlie used to quarter them up if you were going to do a mount with him but he so packed with work he can't do it.  Anyone have any suggestions ? 

Game butcher on 31 in Lebanon just did my buddies bear and he was happy. 

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Did you try frigid freeze  in riegelsville pa? I’ve had a few pigs done there and was always happy. 

The OP lives in Bergen county so some places are a little out of his way. The best butcher I ever used was George in kearney. Unfortunately the neighbors complained and the town shut him down. Commercially wise.he'll still do it on the QT if it's skin and quartered bagged or boxed.2004boat.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

3 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I would never put bacon on any kind of diet. BTW that's the only good part about the delay. The bacon will be sweet

If you don’t slop feed and just feed layer mash , even when huge they don’t get excessive fat .

we used to slop feed our sale pigs so they bulked up fast .

‘our own we only fed layer mash , was best pork ever .

wish I still had a farm to raise them on 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/