IGNORED

10/28 Check In

mightyhunter

4 hours ago, electric10162 said:

How's the action over that way? 

Disappointing - rain was originally supposed to end around 7, then 8, but never really did until 10:45. Only thing cruising were two different spikes.    Saw a doe and fawn.    Very slow for a 5 hour sit. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Disappointing - rain was originally supposed to end around 7, then 8, but never really did until 10:45. Only thing cruising were two different spikes.    Saw a doe and fawn.    Very slow for a 5 hour sit. 

Sucks getting a wet **s with nothing to show for it. I'll be out this Saturday until the following.

3 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Great thing about hunting in the rut is slow days can change in a heart beat and be one of the best days of the season!!  Cannot tell you how many times I am sitting early Nov and thinking about changing my spot when all of a sudden a shooter shows up out of nowhere!!

22 minutes ago, Monster Marine said:

lol after a couple of hours they look like this and I have the thick pad to put under it

D15E9103-1BD4-481E-B79F-99091A03AEDD.jpeg

CC9C9902-2D0A-4A5A-9CCB-722A9A2B00D7.jpeg

Lol, adapt and improvise,double up in a brown pillow case, makes it quiter too.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Back in tree by 3.  Kicked up 17 antler-less walking in. At least I got it out of the way all at once. Instead of being snorted at by multiple groups.  Even worse.  Set up for NW wind - current conditions say it’s N which would be ok and W would be ok.  It’s actually blowing out of S right into direction I expect buck to come from. Good luck everyone out hunting. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

Passed up an 8pt that was checking out a nice breeder doe that came in. He was here for a while. Came to within 3 yards of tree. Unfortunately not the one I am after. He is back in her trail again 

I shot a big 10pt once….