IGNORED

Range closures

The Colliers Mills WMA rifle range and the Stafford Forge WMA muzzleloader and shotgun ranges will close Tuesday, October 13 for upgrading. The upgrades include covered firing lines and improved parking areas. These ranges are expected to reopen in February. Archery ranges at both WMAs will remain open during construction.

1 hour ago, formakos said:

The Colliers Mills WMA rifle range and the Stafford Forge WMA muzzleloader and shotgun ranges will close Tuesday, October 13 for upgrading. The upgrades include covered firing lines and improved parking areas. These ranges are expected to reopen in February. Archery ranges at both WMAs will remain open during construction.

Again the idiots in charge close the range during the time when it is needed and they kept it open during the summer when it set their idling. 

Edited by Lunatic

On the bid part I can agree but with the grants there are time restraints first for applying than after its approved it has so long to be used or lost.  Again second hand info take it for what its worth.

These grants are also the reason you can now shoot up to 30 caliber at these state ranges

Edited by vdep217

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

On the bid part I can agree but with the grants there are time restraints first for applying than after its approved it has so long to be used or lost.  Again second hand info take it for what its worth

It all can be worked out to a avoid all this. Grants always take time so you start the process way before it is necessary to close due to safety reasons. If no safety concerned you include in the bid a starting day of February 28th with a 6 month completion. They don’t give a shit, that’s why it’s closed 

When they request bids for the work to be done on the ranges they should take into account when they would be used the most and put that in their request as to when the work could be done or completed by.   It ain't rocket surgery ! :happywave:

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Just now, RPK0620 said:

When they request bids for the work to be done on the ranges they should take into account when they would be used the most and put that in their request as to when the work could be done or completed by.   It ain't rocket surgery ! :happywave:

Nothing new, I bid work for living. Many bids have the start date as a part of the bid package. Again, they don’t give a shit.