IGNORED

Age this Buck

Nomad

i don't know - it's so confusing.. Could be a real fat 2.5 year old, that still has potential, a typical 3.5 or 4.5 year old but with really bad antler genetics but good body. It could be an oldster on way down but really need to see a pic in color because face coloration does play into that evaluation for me, hard to get from an IR pic....

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Well, I will hold off, but my son would take him if he gets a chance.

Hey Mark if it's an area you been hunting and getting pics for years, and that buck is older than 2.5 right now, you would have noticed that rack over the years and see some familiarity.   If not ringing any bells,  it could have been a spike last year and now at 2.5 - might be a stud in a few years. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

4 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Hey Mark if it's an area you been hunting and getting pics for years, and that buck is older than 2.5 right now, you would have noticed that rack over the years and see some familiarity.   If not ringing any bells,  it could have been a spike last year and now at 2.5 - might be a stud in a few years. 

Not ringing any bells.  Looks older than 2.5 though.  

07310073.JPG

sort of reminds me of "tripod" the year I took him at 6.5...  Whacky rack but that was due to rear leg injury... Yours doesn't appear injured and is more symmetrical, and somehow never got the brow tine gene.    I think his parents were breeding too close to the gene pool.  

PICT0039.JPG

WGI_0032.JPG

WGI_0034.JPG

WGI_0081.JPG

WGI_0086.JPG

I shot a big 10pt once….