IGNORED

1/21/20 - Clinton WMA Range Improvements Completed

16 minutes ago, Kype said:

why doesnt everyone just call for themselves.:headscratch: i know i will. instead of getting info off a public forum. 

just call them. "can i shoot a 308"

" can i shoot a 30 06"

its not hard. 

:beatingdeadhorse:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

39 minutes ago, Kype said:

no, arguing over what caliber can be shot is beating a dead horse. just call or email them. its that simple. 

Where do I find a phone number or email address?

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

13 hours ago, Kype said:

why doesnt everyone just call for themselves.:headscratch: i know i will. instead of getting info off a public forum. 

just call them. "can i shoot a 308"

" can i shoot a 30 06"

its not hard. 

I did on thursday he told me up to and including .30 cal

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Latest news.Use of centerfire rifles may be short-lived. The local residents are complaining about the noise.

They will probably restrict usage of the range to certain hours... say, after 9am during weekdays and 10am on weekends. That's what happened down in Winslow Twp at the South Jersey Shooting Club when people complained. But IIRC there was already a twp ordinance in place that restricted shooting times that the town finally decided to enforce due to complaints. But I suspect that is what will happen here - no shooting at first light. Give the local residents time to wake up and have their coffee :) 

9 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

And this came from the state F&G or just someone talking about it in McDonalds

I don't go in McDonald's. No it did not come from f&g yet anyways. It came from a guy on another hunting blog who lives nearby who heard the neighbors talking. They are also talking on a site called Nextdoor Clinton. Of course I am a hunter and a shooter, but I have to agree, this is New Jersey and there are many with no respect where regards for the privilege. City Yahoo's firing off at sunrise on a Sunday morning :shakehead:I agree with mazzgolf changes will come!

17 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

There are hours posted on the sign at Colliers Mills from 8am to sunset daily. 

All WMA regulations apply.

At least one (1) member of the shooting party must have a current, valid New Jersey hunting license in possession.

Shotgun is for fine shot (lead-free at Assunpink; smaller than No. 4 lead or No. T steel ammunition) only. NO BUCKSHOT OR RIFLED SLUGS

Archery is for target or practice tips only - No broadheads.

Muzzleloader is for muzzleloading firearms, shotguns with rifled slugs or buckshot, modern .17 and .22 caliber rimfire rifles*, and air-guns in the calibers legal for small game hunting only.

No handguns or centerfire rifles* permitted.

Hours are 8:00 a.m. - sunset (except Black River WMA, see below)

Clinton Muzzleloader/Rifle Range Rules
*Centerfire rifles up to and including .30 caliber are allowed at the Clinton, Colliers Mills and Millville ranges ONLY