IGNORED

11/7/2019 check in - get your rutting hog

JHbowhunter

4 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Light steady rain here. I’m in a blind , no sense in leaving now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killed many a deer in the rain.Even downpours.Noisey in the woods,they take cover in the fields.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Totally agree. The thought of losing a blood trail though bothers me.

Commendable. On the flip side my experience's were by no means ignorant,just happened.You'd be amazed how blood is fastly absorbed/stained by leaves and grass!I prefer tracking conditions over a dry windy day,when leaves are blown away! Think about it.You hit a deer night post,got a blood trail,I Mark/hang non biodegradable to,come back tomorrow after temp change frost on the pumpkin,Blood still there.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

50 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

When I used to hunt powder I had a TC contender 54 Cal.I would wrap the breech with saran wrap and plug the muzzle with petroleum jelly.One year hunting Maine each night when I got back to the cabin I'd leave her on porch fully loaded.Came time to return to the rat race,hadda clear her,cock,set trigger,fire in  hole..BABOOM!

Did the same with plastic wrap, and cut the ends off the fingers of latex gloves for the muzzle.  That's when my time hunting was limited.  Don't need to get soaked anymore.  My fingers get cramped in cold rain, so bad I can't grab a zipper.  Plenty more days left.  Now, go back to bed and get better.

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

My fingers get cramped in cold rain, so bad I can't grab a zipper.  Plenty more days left.  Now, go back to bed and get better.

Go back to bed?You just woke a sleeping giant.Man up.Stop crying,strap a bag to your leg.