IGNORED

11/7/2019 check in - get your rutting hog

JHbowhunter

Out in Z5 to a good rut funnel in the thick - got some good intel last night. Short drive by truck which is key to my bonehead move yet good recovery. I went to a stand via quad last night and broke a big rule.  “ when release comes off hand while un-dressing it goes back on the bow which gets hung in garage. “.  But I was gonna go back to same area and park but go in deeper this morning. Left bow on the quad rack and decided to hang release on hand bar by throttle. Can’t miss it there. Well that changed as I ended up grabbing bow and driving truck. Get to spot grab bow AND NO RELEASE. Never break one’s own rules. But my second rule bailed me out. I keep same exact release as backup in my pack. It’s a good True Fire not cheap but best insurance policy I have!  My brain as a bowhunter barely functions  at this time so I need all the help I can get.  GOOD LUCK!

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Out in zone 7 until it rains. Accidentally sprayed myself down with Tinks 69 while setting up my drag rope. I heard deer walking nearby in the dark on the walk to my stand. Scared I was gonna get raped. Luckily I'm 20' up a tree now. Deer are snorting at me. Could be a good morning. Good luck all! I smell like piss.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Out in Z5 to a good rut funnel in the thick - got some good intel last night. Short drive by truck which is key to my bonehead move yet good recovery. I went to a stand via quad last night and broke a big rule.  “ when release comes off hand while un-dressing it goes back on the bow which gets hung in garage. “.  But I was gonna go back to same area and park but go in deeper this morning. Left bow on the quad rack and decided to hang release on hand bar by throttle. Can’t miss it there. Well that changed as I ended up grabbing bow and driving truck. Get to spot grab bow AND NO RELEASE. Never break one’s own rules. But my second rule bailed me out. I keep same exact release as backup in my pack. It’s a good True Fire not cheap but best insurance policy I have!  My brain as a bowhunter barely functions  at this time so I need all the help I can get.  GOOD LUCK!

Amazingly you never forget your phone :think:

AWM