IGNORED

Is The Cross-River NHL Rivalry Back?

Jim_

NJ Devils sure look like a better team this year. Finally. lol

Ready for some Devils-Rangers fun. I grew up a Rangers fan before we had a team, but … I'm a Jersey guy.

Looking forward to the great, rough-ass sport of hockey in a couple of weeks.

During lunch I had one eye on the hockey game they had on TV between LV and Arizona. Arizona player was stick handling through the middle of the eyes, head down,  and someone put a shoulder to his chest, knocking him out. The guys was tossed for the hit. Hockey has changed but this aspect of the game not for the better.

24 minutes ago, Kype said:

the most under paid athletes in all the sports. they take a beating. im not into much sports but i have to give credit to hockey players. 

And the best athletes of all sports in my opinion. The game is so fast, nothing compares to it and they do it on 1/8” blades , in tiny space with 11 players in a tiny zone while the opposition tries to knock you out at any chance they get. Biggest hearts as well. Guys finish shifts on broken legs while in other sports they get carry out on stretchers with a pulled muscle 

Edited by Lunatic

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

And the best athletes of all sports in my opinion. The game is so fast, nothing compares to it and they do it on 1/8” blades , in tiny space with 11 players in a tiny zone while the opposition tries to knock you out at any chance they get. Biggest hearts as well. Guys finish shifts on broken legs while in other sports they get carry out on stretchers with a pulled muscle 

yup, and they even play with broken ribs, broken jaws. its insane. and then you have a basketball player who cramps up and cant play:rofl:

7 minutes ago, Kype said:

yup, and they even play with broken ribs, broken jaws. its insane. and then you have a basketball player who cramps up and cant play:rofl:

Look at this guy, the shot he blocked broke his leg but he kept on going. They play fir the team and teammates instead of me, me and me

Used to like watching football a lot, and never really watched much hockey.  Now football is one rule away from being touch football, and political.  Can't stand it much anymore.  NY/NJ football teams are a joke again this year.  Even Steelers aren't good.  Going to have to watch more hockey.  I root for home teams, Rangers or Devils, but favor the Devils since I got to paint their locker rooms when they first started, while they were in there practicing, and hung wood veneer in their dining area.

15 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Used to like watching football a lot, and never really watched much hockey.  Now football is one rule away from being touch football, and political.  Can't stand it much anymore.  NY/NJ football teams are a joke again this year.  Even Steelers aren't good.  Going to have to watch more hockey.  I root for home teams, Rangers or Devils, but favor the Devils since I got to paint their locker rooms when they first started, while they were in there practicing, and hung wood veneer in their dining area.

Football could never hold my interest for long enough to watch the entire game. Too much inactivity. In 3 hrs in front of TV you watch 12 to 15 minutes of the actual game. Of course lets not even talk about baseball, that's not even sport to me.