IGNORED

Lake George Bassin

Congrats ! So jealous I love it up there but we didn't go this summer ...wife's pregnant due in August and the heat in the boat all day just wasn't happening with her. Good luck the rest of your trip ned rigs are great  Those bass also go nuts for live crayfish. 

Thank ya, did you find or buy crayfish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Thank ya, did you find or buy crayfish?

There's a bunch of different bait shops around that have them.  Fish 307 in the town of lake George at the South end has them. Also outdoorsman sportshop in diamond point as well. Save your receipt because you will be asked to show it to the people inspecting your boat for aquatic hitch hikers prior to launching.  The cray fish are great because they will stay alive all day even in a bucket. One hook through the tail and the bass suck them up like candy there. 

1 hour ago, Northjerseyoutdoorsman said:

There's a bunch of different bait shops around that have them.  Fish 307 in the town of lake George at the South end has them. Also outdoorsman sportshop in diamond point as well. Save your receipt because you will be asked to show it to the people inspecting your boat for aquatic hitch hikers prior to launching.  The cray fish are great because they will stay alive all day even in a bucket. One hook through the tail and the bass suck them up like candy there. 

How is the fishing overall up there ?  Never been up there before, had always thought about doing a trip possibly in June

How is the fishing overall up there ?  Never been up there before, had always thought about doing a trip possibly in June

Been coming up here for 7 years and from my limited experience the bass fishing is very good , small and large mouth. Throw anything rubber off a rocky drop off. I’ve caught lake trout with a guide the two times I’ve gone out. Caught some nice pike and lmb just trolling rapalas.