IGNORED

Fluke Reg Question

MGHunter66

Being the NY season opens earlier than NJ a friend asked an interesting question I did not find an answer to, maybe you guys could chime in. Can you launch from NJ, fish in NY but then bring your catch back across the state line to a NJ ramp legally?

AWM

22 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I could be wrong but was always under the impression that you follow the regs of your port of launch,..  I know New York guys cant keep smaller fish in nj where legal and go back to ny..  it is an interesting question

I am thinking the same thing, is an interesting question that stumped me LOL

AWM

This is how I understand things. If I fish out of NJ and cross over to NY waters and catch fluke in NY waters I am legal as long as I don't cross back into NJ waters. If I exit the water with the fish in NY I am still legal. Now if I exit the water from NJ with the legal fish in NY waters but not in NJ I will be violating the regs.

7 minutes ago, rocky said:

This is how I understand things. If I fish out of NJ and cross over to NY waters and catch fluke in NY waters I am legal as long as I don't cross back into NJ waters. If I exit the water with the fish in NY I am still legal. Now if I exit the water from NJ with the legal fish in NY waters but not in NJ I will be violating the regs.

This is how we fish if we plan to fish ny waters.  We fish the ny side first as there size limit is 21..  than we ho into NJ waters from wich we launched and are still legal because nj limit is 18..

9 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

This is how we fish if we plan to fish ny waters.  We fish the ny side first as there size limit is 21..  than we ho into NJ waters from wich we launched and are still legal because nj limit is 18..

I always went by NJ rules, since my boat was in NJ, but I would go to NY waters with NJ legal fish. Fishing the bay  I could cross the NY-NJ line several times in one day. I guess I could get in trouble if theychecked me on NY side.

Edited by Lunatic

2 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

You can not land fish from another state in your own if your state is in a closed season.

What are you saying?:shock: How do you know the fish you catch in "your own" is from another state? :happywave:

9 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

What are you saying?:shock: How do you know the fish you catch in "your own" is from another state? :happywave:

If Delaware or NY are open for Fluke and your fish there from NJ and you take fish from there and land tgem in NJ when your state is closed you are breakingvthe law.

If you fish other waters and you want to land fish on your home state where your boat is docked or moored the fish should be both in size and limit follow the rules of the state you are landing them in as well if the season is opened or closed for said fish.

If you launch a registered boat from NJ in NY and you are planning on landing fish in NY you follow NY rules, but if you cross state lines with said fish and get pulled over by fish and game be prepared to prove what you did. Because even though you were legal in the other state you maybe breaking the law in your own.

Edited by MZ7Extreme

4 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

If Delaware or NY are open for Fluke and your fish there from NJ and you take fish from there and land tgem in NJ when your state is closed you are breakingvthe law.

If you fish other waters and you want to land fish on your home state where your boat is docked or moored the fish should be both in size and limit follow the rules of the state you are landing them in as well if the season is opened or closed for said fish.

If you launch a registered boat from NJ in NY and you are planning on landing fish in NY you follow NY rules, but if you cross state lines with said fish and get pulled over by fish and game be prepared to prove what you did. Because even though you were legal in the other state you maybe breaking the law in your own.

I am just busting. The use of the word land made your original statement funny to me. Just red your statement and think of the word "Land" as catch, which we use all the time:

You can not catch fish from another state in your own if your state is in a closed season. 

6 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I am just busting. The use of the word land made your original statement funny to me. Just red your statement and think of the word "Land" as catch, which we use all the time:

Lol No worries I am so used to using the word land because I commercial fished for a long time and we use and used land when talking about bringing them to the dock.

PS

I knew your were breaking balls 😂