IGNORED

Hunting, A Rich Mans Sport............pic

rocky

3 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I hunt the rut out of state not in NJ.

I have shot my extended season buck well before the rut starts here year in year out.

adding extra season tags we have here your not eligible to hunt there isn't an accurate comparison.

that would be like me adding the price of gas to get to PA as  a fair comparison of actual cost to hunt.

.as I said , you can add every available tag Pa has to your license, you still only get 1 buck.

for each additional fee here , you get the extra season as well as a tag to shoot another buck

Extended season starts when the rut starts here, last week of October, so you do spend another 56 to hunt the rut, $88.   PA, the bow season goes into the rut for $26.  And I can hunt turkey for 6-7 weeks included with the license for 2 birds, spring and fall,  not $21 for every 5 days .  I'm plenty happy with 1 buck and 2 birds. The hunting out there is far better.  Sure, I can shoot 2 here with the bow, 1 early season, and 1 in the winter, and 2 in the 6 days of shotgun without buying permits, but I don't.  I don't even see that many bucks in that time frame, and lately seen nothing during 6 day, and a couple scrub bucks during bow.  IDK, maybe you spend hundreds on bait to get a crack at a nice buck here.  PA, the bucks are still in the woods, not in yards in bait piles.  I don't hunt bear in either state, but that 2.00 permit is going to be short lived.  I wouldn't hunt doe in either state, but jersey makes you buy the doe permit first before buying a buck stub.  Totally opposite of what it used to be here, or how it is in PA.  Then they force EAB, or I can't hunt the first 2 weeks of bow, and I can't use my buck stub in a extended season if I don't get a doe first.  

What works for you doesn't work for me.  We hunt different seasons and for different reasons.  I stopped hunting extended shotgun, extended bow, and stopped buying a 2nd mzldr permit for another zone that's open on other dates, to cut out $168.  Still paying 117  to hunt deer 14 days here with the gun, and hunt fall bow during the worst dates compared to PA's dates.

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

Extended season starts when the rut starts here, last week of October, so you do spend another 56 to hunt the rut, $88.   PA, the bow season goes into the rut for $26.  And I can hunt turkey for 6-7 weeks included with the license for 2 birds, spring and fall,  not $21 for every 5 days .  I'm plenty happy with 1 buck and 2 birds. The hunting out there is far better.  Sure, I can shoot 2 here with the bow, 1 early season, and 1 in the winter, and 2 in the 6 days of shotgun without buying permits, but I don't.  I don't even see that many bucks in that time frame, and lately seen nothing during 6 day, and a couple scrub bucks during bow.  IDK, maybe you spend hundreds on bait to get a crack at a nice buck here.  PA, the bucks are still in the woods, not in yards in bait piles.  I don't hunt bear in either state, but that 2.00 permit is going to be short lived.  I wouldn't hunt doe in either state, but jersey makes you buy the doe permit first before buying a buck stub.  Totally opposite of what it used to be here, or how it is in PA.  Then they force EAB, or I can't hunt the first 2 weeks of bow, and I can't use my buck stub in a extended season if I don't get a doe first.  

What works for you doesn't work for me.  We hunt different seasons and for different reasons.  I stopped hunting extended shotgun, extended bow, and stopped buying a 2nd mzldr permit for another zone that's open on other dates, to cut out $168.  Still paying 117  to hunt deer 14 days here with the gun, and hunt fall bow during the worst dates compared to PA's dates.

I hunt both states as well as a few more in entirety. 

no need to bait bucks on their summer pattern, and by far the first week of our season here is the easiest to put a big buck on the ground.

point I made was you said you get more for half the fee, its not .

you want to compare all our season tags to just a basic license there, not apples to apples, as your comparing a 6 month hunting season here with liberal bag limits to a five week season there, .

def no comparison in the actual amount of time you get to hunt here .

And as I said that your not grasping IF you shoot a buck early in PA you lose all your time in the  deer woods there for the rest of the season . 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

12 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I hunt both states as well as a few more in entirety. 

no need to bait bucks on their summer pattern, and by far the first week of our season here is the easiest to put a big buck on the ground.

point I made was you said you get more for half the fee, its not .

you want to compare all our season tags to just a basic license there, not apples to apples, as your comparing a 6 month hunting season here with liberal bag limits to a five week season there, .

def no comparison in the actual amount of time you get to hunt here .

And as I said that your not grasping IF you shoot a buck early in PA you lose all your time in the  deer woods there for the rest of the season . 

Didn't say I get more in PA.  More land to hunt, yes.  Pay less there than I do here, yes.   Get to hunt the entire turkey seasons for 2 birds at no extra cost, yes.  I get the same out of hunting there as here.  It's what I take here or there, not what this state offers in quotas( with added costs) compared to there.  If I get a buck here on opening day, I am also done with the bow until winter bow.   You're looking at it from a different perspective than I am.

Why are you guys arguing over N.J. and Pa. hunting?  I think the op is talking about real big game,in beautiful far away places,Bighorn Sheep,Elk, Muskox,Grizzly Bear and the Big 5.

Look up the prices.......

12 minutes ago, toxo said:

Why are you guys arguing over N.J. and Pa. hunting?  I think the op is talking about real big game,in beautiful far away places,Bighorn Sheep,Elk, Muskox,Grizzly Bear and the Big 5.

Look up the prices.......

I say they need a cage match to the death to settle that dispute. :rofl:

Here is a e-mail I got this morning from a hunting consultant. (not that I use one)

B.C. STONE SHEEP - 2019!

We have had a 2019 Stone Sheep Hunt open up as one of our repeat hunters has delayed his hunt to 2021. 

This hunt is normally $49,500 but there is $3,000 left on the table so $46,500 takes it!! 

Hunt Dates: Aug. 18 - 28, 2019

This is one of the best remote Stone sheep hunts in the industry and we have reference lists and many more pics.

Here goes another high dollar ($410,00.00) auction tag story...unreal!

When auctioneer John Bair finally stomped his cowboy boot on the stage of the 2016 Western Hunting and Conservation Expo and yelled “Sold!” there was a moment of stunned silence in the Salt Lake City ballroom. Then pandemonium as the crowd of hunters cheered, whistled, hooted and high-fived. They had just witnessed a record. The permit to hunt a single mule deer buck on Utah’s Antelope Island had just been sold to the highest bidder for the jaw-dropping price of $410,000.

38 minutes ago, rocky said:

Here goes another high dollar ($410,00.00) auction tag story...unreal!

When auctioneer John Bair finally stomped his cowboy boot on the stage of the 2016 Western Hunting and Conservation Expo and yelled “Sold!” there was a moment of stunned silence in the Salt Lake City ballroom. Then pandemonium as the crowd of hunters cheered, whistled, hooted and high-fived. They had just witnessed a record. The permit to hunt a single mule deer buck on Utah’s Antelope Island had just been sold to the highest bidder for the jaw-dropping price of $410,000.

How was the hunt Rocky? :shock:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈