IGNORED

Best winter gear ??

Hetley75

32 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

What are those, just curious?  I look at it like hunting clothes are an investment.  I've been wearing DayOne for what I believe is almost 15 years now.  We spent $1000s on bows, guns, etc...clothes are equally important but the "bulk" situation is one we all wish we could reduce, especially for all day sits in cold temps.  DayOne isn't what I'd call expensive either compared to other lines, they're very affordable and custom hemmed to fit.  However there is a bulk factor...I don't think you can get away from it entirely, if you add layers, they add bulk.  The question is, can you get a thin system with great mobility and maintain all day comfort in cold temps.  Most approaches to this are the Heater Body Suit, IWOM, etc...or adding something like a quality wool vest as an extra final layer to keep the core warm and still allow you to have thinner layers on the arms for mobility.

I have more $$ wrapped up in clothes than my kids college. 

My favorite is Raven Wear. They are out of business, but get your hands on some and your all set. Berber lined bibs and their coat in NJ is all you'll need. 

Next is sleeping Indian and king of the mountain. Quality wool. Little heavy to wear so definitely a stand outfit. 

Autumnwood outfitters wool. Same as above

Grey Wolf wool. Again. Same as above

Have original Day One. Regular fleece. Great bang for your buck

Original Predator fleece. Nice stuff. Super soft and quiet. Kinda warm. 

Sitka, great stuff ,have incinerator set. Very warm but I don't like the liner, it's loud. 

Ever since Kuiu came out Day One and predator both went that direction. Athletic cut,, poop on that. What about us large boned fella's? I don't want tight hunting clothes like im going to the prom. Give me oversized comfy loose clothes so I feel skinny. Never know when you might meet your next Mrs....

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

2 minutes ago, Booner said:

I have more $$ wrapped up in clothes than my kids college. 

My favorite is Raven Wear. They are out of business, but get your hands on some and your all set. Berber lined bibs and their coat in NJ is all you'll need. 

Next is sleeping Indian and king of the mountain. Quality wool. Little heavy to wear so definitely a stand outfit. 

Autumnwood outfitters wool. Same as above

Grey Wolf wool. Again. Same as above

Have original Day One. Regular fleece. Great bang for your buck

Original Predator fleece. Nice stuff. Super soft and quiet. Kinda warm. 

Sitka, great stuff ,have incinerator set. Very warm but I don't like the liner, it's loud. 

Ever since Kuiu came out Day One and predator both went that direction. Athletic cut,, poop on that. What about us large boned fella's? I don't want tight hunting clothes like im going to the prom. Give me oversized comfy loose clothes so I feel skinny. Never know when you might meet your next Mrs....

Just buy 3X:eek:

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

27 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I'm a big turtleneck fan to keep the wind off the neck.  I have a gray wolf woolen fleece one and it's awesome.  

I have a really nice Woolrich turtle neck that I wear when it gets cold.  With that and the collar on the Day One parka, it's impossible for the wind to get you.  Gotta have the bibs underneath too.  I lined them all in the windstop material and insulated them.  Great for late season hunts 

I recently bought the "regular version" of WOOLTIMATE as I had a lot of Cabelas points to burn.   I did this on sort of on  Hammer's recommendation but they didn't have the stand hunter he likes for super cold and that is ok this set is more versatile because it is awesome for 45 to 25 on it's own with little layering.       It's snug though and tight fighting for the bowhunter. 

I got large - figuring I could easily mimic the "stand hunter" version of wooltimate with one good heavy layer under it.          Most things large fit me perfect with some room to spare, but there  was little room to spare. If I could do it over, I would have gone XL top  LG bottoms just to allow for a good layer underneath then I am good to zero.     

From that Hammer has told me that stand hunter which I could not find online, is good with little layering to zero.     

It's good stuff, comfy and warm.  

Of course - you could pay 3x - 4x as much for Sitka incinerator, etc.   There is some crazy expensive stuff out there, but end of the day your base layers are just as important.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I recently bought the "regular version" of WOOLTIMATE as I had a lot of Cabelas points to burn.   I did this on sort of on  Hammer's recommendation but they didn't have the stand hunter he likes for super cold and that is ok this set is more versatile because it is awesome for 45 to 25 on it's own with little layering.       It's snug though and tight fighting for the bowhunter. 
I got large - figuring I could easily mimic the "stand hunter" version of wooltimate with one good heavy layer under it.          Most things large fit me perfect with some room to spare, but there  was little room to spare. If I could do it over, I would have gone XL top  LG bottoms just to allow for a good layer underneath then I am good to zero.     
From that Hammer has told me that stand hunter which I could not find online, is good with little layering to zero.     
Of course - you could pay 3x - 4x as much for Sitka incinerator, etc.   There is some crazy expensive stuff out there, but end of the day your base layers are just as important.

That would be perfect for me. I notice it don’t come in 3X for my belly but all my jackets are 2Xl with some room. Pants I’m go one size up. I got a belt. Lol

Thanks everyone

10 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Check and make sure you actually got a large.

I wear 2× in everything except cabelas stuff I only wear an XL.

CABELAS  clothes  almost always run big

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/