IGNORED

Hey, Bucksnbows....

Rainfall and forecast looks pretty good.  Reservoirs are full, rivers are running higher, and everything is wet.

I think we are a little further out of drought territory, what's your opinion on the aquifer?  Have we gotten enough water for a recovery, or are we still short?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

5 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Rainfall and forecast looks pretty good.  Reservoirs are full, rivers are running higher, and everything is wet.

I think we are a little further out of drought territory, what's your opinion on the aquifer?  Have we gotten enough water for a recovery, or are we still short?

It's actually too soon to say.  So far, when we have had several days of drier weather, our flow levels continue to drop below their average year over year.  But that doesn't mean we are still worried.  However, the lack of flooding shows how much groundwater can be absorbed right now, and the leaves sprouting changes everything as our plants kick into high gear and draw lots of water over the next few months.  

But I can't complain about these much needed rains.  I have said it will likely take one or  two very wet years to catch us up.  Just happy we're not dealing with one huge flooding event.  Now if we can only get the USGS gauge at Hale Eddy below 750 cfs, I can start wade fishing the upper West Branch.  This is the latest I have ever gone into spring without once being able to wade fish that river.  Floated?  Yes, but not wading.