IGNORED

Deer quotas - per season OR per year?

Deer quotas - per season/permit, OR - per year?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Current system rewards you with 2 default bow buck tags, and 2 shotgun buck tags. They expire at end of each season (non-portable). Permits get you 2 more.

• I like the current regulation sets as they stand - no changes
    • I want 1 flexible buck tag per calendar year - take it how you wish, antlerless managed per DMZ per year not per permit
    • I want 2 flexible buck tags per calendar year - take them how you wish, antlerless managed per DMZ per year not per permit
    • I want 3 flexible buck tags per calendar year - take them how you wish, antlerless managed per DMZ per year not per permit
    • I want 4 flexible buck tags per calendar year - take them how you wish, antlerless managed per DMZ per year not per permit
    • I want 5 flexible buck tags per calendar year - take them how you wish, antlerless managed per DMZ per year not per permit

19 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I swear sometime you only read between  the lines, 

I said to model Ohio, which is a 1 buck 4 doe max, but if you want to shoot that many deer you pay for each tag.

I did read it in detail and I will repeat. You are about money not conservation. If you want to model Ohio then you don't care how many deer are killed for as long as someone pays for it. This is not conservation, this is money making proposition so I don't even understand how you don't acknowledge you are not about conservation. BTW I know you are, but I am simply pointing out your proposed system has nothing to do with it.

I showed you how they aren't in it for the money, that IF they were they could charge  for every deer shot . 

You are not reading. I was very specific with my explanation why your assumption was incorrect. Go back and read it. I stated that there is a limit to how much individual hunter can afford to spend so charging for every doe is not an option because it would simply eliminate people form participation due to unaffordability. I believe JBbohunter follow up with his post, further explaining how the current system is perfect for taking from us huge amount of money without overcharging, which would lead to decline in participation. Go back and re read it

you seem to be confused  what was written about 

I am not confused, I assure you. You are,. You are confusing revenue with preservation of our resources. It is not about collecting money for killing deer. It is about killing less deer. that is a very simple concept, I know man of your intelligence understands it. BAG LIMIT! BAG LIMT! BAG LIMT!  

Edited by Lunatic

15 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

IF you buy a non resident fur bearers permit.

looking online on their web page it says coyotes are open all year with your license.

IN their compendium it says out side of big game seasons you need to have a fur bearers permit to predator hunt.

But on the license page I can only find the fur bearer for trapping .

When I go to the other house IM going to look it back up in the compendium they give with the license purchase

no bounty on coyotes currently 

That's how I understand. My basic license gives me coyotes all year long. If I am wrong then I had few illegal hunst:shock:

Just now, Lunatic said:

That's how I understand. My basic license gives me coyotes all year long. If I am wrong then I had few illegal hunst:shock:

Reading the PA web page looks 100% legal to me.

possibly its just missing a word in the compendium as online it say a hunting license OR a fur bearers permit.

I believe in the compendium it said hunting license with a fur bearer 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Just now, hammer4reel said:

Reading the PA web page looks 100% legal to me.

possibly its just missing a word in the compendium as online it say a hunting license OR a fur bearers permit.

I believe in the compendium it said hunting license with a fur bearer 

Ok, now I feel better. These effen rules will drive us nuts. Very soon I will have to consult my attorney :happywave:

Bag limit of 5 deer is what I said, BUT only pay for that IF you personally want to shoot that many .

if you don't you only buy the amount of tags you want to buy.

UNLIMITED for free ISNT making any extra revenue for the state 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 bucks anyway any season, 1 of them has to be AR, that way guys could shoot the mature 4pointers, and newbs could shoot the first buck they get a chance at

I think the state wants hunters to kill kill kill does, rather than have farmers do it on depredation permits.  I think a lot of hunters kill big numbers of does just because they can, start making them pay for it and they would stop

without me, my rifle is nothing

3 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

2 bucks.  any weapon.  any season.  does could be managed by the zone, but capping the limit at a reasonable number like 4 or 5 at most.  

Exactly - and it doesn't "reset" with the next season. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….