IGNORED

Deer quotas - per season OR per year?

Deer quotas - per season/permit, OR - per year?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Current system rewards you with 2 default bow buck tags, and 2 shotgun buck tags. They expire at end of each season (non-portable). Permits get you 2 more.

• I like the current regulation sets as they stand - no changes
    • I want 1 flexible buck tag per calendar year - take it how you wish, antlerless managed per DMZ per year not per permit
    • I want 2 flexible buck tags per calendar year - take them how you wish, antlerless managed per DMZ per year not per permit
    • I want 3 flexible buck tags per calendar year - take them how you wish, antlerless managed per DMZ per year not per permit
    • I want 4 flexible buck tags per calendar year - take them how you wish, antlerless managed per DMZ per year not per permit
    • I want 5 flexible buck tags per calendar year - take them how you wish, antlerless managed per DMZ per year not per permit

20 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

right now an all around sportsmans license costs ya 77 bucks.

with that you can , shoot 2 bucks with the bow

2 bucks with the shot gun, UNLIMITED bow does during most of the fall as well as the winter bow season .

allows you to small game hunt, and fish .

How much cheaper can it be.

NO ONE says you have to hunt all the other extended permits .

plenty of other things to hunt during those breaks in the season s

so a guy on a very limited budget can do a heck of a lot of hunting and fishing here , WITHOUT the added expenses 

Well, now that you put it this way maybe it is cheap. You can just buy a fishing license and be really cheap. :happywave:

But seriously why do you want to pay more? You want on top of what we already pay add more for individual deer? Why? This is almost sounds like liberals fighting pollution by taxing people for commuting to work:happywave:

Edited by Lunatic

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Well, now that you put it this way maybe it is cheap. You can just buy a fishing license and be really cheap. :happywave:

But seriously why do you want to pay more? You want on top of what we already pay add more for individual deer? Why? This is almost sounds like liberals fighting pollution by taxing people for commuting to work:happywave:

Paying more or possibly less depending on how many deer you want to take.

in essence right now  guys who only want to shoot a few are paying extra for the guys who want to shoot 10.

using Ohio as an example, you  can buy one either  sex tag. and four doe tags.

You don't have to buy any more than the first one, and IF you want to shoot a doe after not seeing a buck you still just bought one tag. wanna shhot 5 you pay for it

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

8 minutes ago, kanigie said:

Cheaper to hunt PA as an out of state resident...

absolutely not true, unless you add turkey into the equation . 

you get 1 buck and that's it , unless you buy a doe tag.

so its def not cheaper per deer, and the seasons are short,

like comparing limes to watermelons 

128 bucks for a license and be able to small game hunt and shoot 1 deer

77 bucks in NJ to shoot 4 bucks, unlimited does, small game , and Fish 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

18 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

absolutely not true, unless you add turkey into the equation . 

you get 1 buck and that's it , unless you buy a doe tag.

so its def not cheaper per deer, and the seasons are short,

like comparing limes to watermelons 

128 bucks for a license and be able to small game hunt and shoot 1 deer

77 bucks in NJ to shoot 4 bucks, unlimited does, small game , and Fish 

For me, it is. I only shoot one buck a year. When you add in turkey, shotgun, muzzleloader, rifle permit, coyote/fox, hunt multiple zones...

51 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Paying more or possibly less depending on how many deer you want to take.

in essence right now  guys who only want to shoot a few are paying extra for the guys who want to shoot 10.

using Ohio as an example, you  can buy one either  sex tag. and four doe tags.

You don't have to buy any more than the first one, and IF you want to shoot a doe after not seeing a buck you still just bought one tag. wanna shhot 5 you pay for it

That is a very incorrect statement !! If you elect to kill 1 doe in a season and I kill 10 you pay $27. If you elect to kill one doe and every one in the state kills only one you still only pay $27. So no you don't pay more unless you consider "we could charge more".
To me this is the same argument as "I don't like September bow so we should cancel it" as a measure of deer conservation. Or "I would never hunt January and February" so we should cancel it. Of course this type of opinion is all about conservation. ..but is it really? It is not! It is about personal preference. Deer conservation is about numbers killed and to control the numbers  neither season limitation or additional fess are necessary. Control the numbers !

29 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

That is a very incorrect statement !! If you elect to kill 1 doe in a season and I kill 10 you pay $27. If you elect to kill one doe and every one in the state kills only one you still only pay $27. So no you don't pay more unless you consider "we could charge more".
To me this is the same argument as "I don't like September bow so we should cancel it" as a measure of deer conservation. Or "I would never hunt January and February" so we should cancel it. Of course this type of opinion is all about conservation. ..but is it really? It is not! It is about personal preference. Deer conservation is about numbers killed and to control the numbers  neither season limitation or additional fess are necessary. Control the numbers !

If they charged 15 bucks a tag, the guy that shot one deer would pay 15 bucks . you wanna shoot 10 you pay the 150 because it was YOUR choice to do so.

License totals would generate more money paying for each tagged deer being shot than they do now.

SO which is it, you say they charge too much already for all the deer your getting .

yet then you say its not fair it would cost you more if they charged by tag .

so like I said in the original post They are not using the current system to generate maximum dollars, as a  PER tag fee would generate more .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

all those are extra charges in pa except for turkey 

They’re not. They have no separate fees
for “zones”, small game is included, there is no “rifle permit” to hunt predators, don’t need to buy a doe tag to shoot a buck in every zone you want to hunt.

We’re both not entirely correct, point being the pricing disparity between res
and non res in PA NJ is not on par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

If they charged 15 bucks a tag, the guy that shot one deer would pay 15 bucks . you wanna shoot 10 you pay the 150 because it was YOUR choice to do so.

License totals would generate more money paying for each tagged deer being shot than they do now.

SO which is it, you say they charge too much already for all the deer your getting .

yet then you say its not fair it would cost you more if they charged by tag .

so like I said in the original post They are not using the current system to generate maximum dollars, as a  PER tag fee would generate more .

I think what you are saying is: "I don't care about how many deer are killed I care about the money". In fact there isn't much to think about, that's what you are saying.
Your proposal has zero to do with conservation of our deer population. Thisa is about the numbers killed or not killed, not how much you pay. To you, if I kill 99 deer and pay for it, all is good. Well, I know what you are going to say: " no way we should allow anyone to kill 99 deer, we should have sensible limits" BINGO!!! That's right we should have appropriate bag limits for each zone, not additional fees.

I Think JBbohunter has one of the best ideas when it comes to deer conservation. The only thing I would change is bag limits properly adjusted to each zone, not state wide,  based on deer population

17 minutes ago, kanigie said:

They’re not. They have no separate fees
for “zones”, small game is included, there is no “rifle permit” to hunt predators, don’t need to buy a doe tag to shoot a buck in every zone you want to hunt.

We’re both not entirely correct, point being the pricing disparity between res
and non res in PA NJ is not on par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to muzzle loader hunt , bow hunt, shoot fox and coyotes is an extra permit 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I think what you are saying is: "I don't care about how many deer are killed I care about the money". In fact there isn't much to think about, that's what you are saying.
Your proposal has zero to do with conservation of our deer population. Thisa is about the numbers killed or not killed, not how much you pay. To you, if I kill 99 deer and pay for it, all is good. Well, I know what you are going to say: " no way we should allow anyone to kill 99 deer, we should have sensible limits" BINGO!!! That's right we should have appropriate bag limits for each zone, not additional fees.

I Think JBbohunter has one of the best ideas when it comes to deer conservation. The only thing I would change is bag limits properly adjusted to each zone, not state wide,  based on deer population

I swear sometime you only read between  the lines, 

I said to model Ohio, which is a 1 buck 4 doe max, but if you want to shoot that many deer you pay for each tag.

You quoted me saying in the orig post, that you disagreed with me that the state wasn't in it for the money .

I showed you how they aren't in it for the money, that IF they were they could charge  for every deer shot . 

you seem to be confused  what was written about 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

15 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I am not sure about fox but coyote hunting is included with your basic license. It is also all year long

IF you buy a non resident fur bearers permit.

looking online on their web page it says coyotes are open all year with your license.

IN their compendium it says out side of big game seasons you need to have a fur bearers permit to predator hunt.

But on the license page I can only find the fur bearer for trapping .

When I go to the other house IM going to look it back up in the compendium they give with the license purchase

no bounty on coyotes currently 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING