IGNORED

Raptor ID

You are correct.  Red shouldered are one of the very easy hawks in our area to ID.  They really can't be confused with another species unlike immature red tails can or Coopers versus Sharp shinned, for example.  That is an endangered species here in NJ.  

In Florida they are on every single tree :happywave:

You are correct.  Red shouldered are one of the very easy hawks in our area to ID.  They really can't be confused with another species unlike immature red tails can or Coopers versus Sharp shinned, for example.  That is an endangered species here in NJ.  

Guy at my work has a falconry permit and he said the Red Shoulder Hawks are not that plentiful here

Just remember the source.  I boldly stated a trail cam photo was that of a long eared owl when LittleM set me straight that it was a barred owl.  :)

I too have been shamed by LittleM.  Education is sometimes a humbling journey.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Pretty consistent they show up just after 10am and hang for an hour everyday.

If one shows up and it has available meat, it will continue showing up.  I had one showing up at my house every year for 4 years right about now like clockwork and stayed until nesting season which started about mid- Feb.  

If I had raw chicken scraps, I would put it out.  It started to get bold, as soon as I walked out the door and it saw I had something in my hand it would swoop in and try to take it.