IGNORED

Boot blankets/covers.. Do they work?

I just bought a pair of Boot Suits in xl that fit over my big Baffin pac boots. There are pockets for warmers on each side of the toes and is lined with the heat reflecting material. It also has decent loft on the bottom for extra insulation between the boot and stand. I will review them after I give them a shot in the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the boot blankets as well. They keep your feet warm down to some low temps. Make sure that you get them large enough to fit over whatever boots you intend to wear walking in. Downside, that are bulky. Plus side, for me, they helped to keep me quieter, by cutting down on the noise from slight fidgeting with my feet, while in a tree stand. The winter woods can be very quiet.

Another vote for Icebreakers! I've tried 1000g boots, Mickey Mouse boots, toe warmers etc.

Just throw the Icebreakers over your boots and toss a Hot hands in, your good to go.

Good old Mickey Moose boots. I couldn't imagine doing a forced march in those things, lol

I haven't used either but ran into some anglers at Champlain one year that were from Kalamazoo, Michigan that love to deer hunt and hunt in much colder weather than we do. We shot the shit and got on the subject of cold weather huntin. They said the ice breakers are much better than the artic shields. If using hand warmers in them then it's irrelevant and sounds like either will do the job.

For me, I noticed sometimes just bringing an extra pair of socks makes a huge difference. Walk to your stand or nearby. Take off your sweaty socks and put on the fresh pair. Merino wool socks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk