IGNORED

Rabbit stamp???

Wallew

Please I am not sure I even get the idea of releasing farm raised birds and then hunting them.

Whether it's birds or rabbits the sad fact is that we've destroyed most of their habitat in this state.  Most farms that disappeared are now god awful subdivisions.  Working dogs is pretty much not possible in the state without major supplements to any wild upland birds left around.  Last time a saw a grouse was 15 years ago in some early successional growth in Sparta.  Once again most of that area is now mcmansions.

Might be a good idea, maybe fish and game will start up a doe tag next also.

Hell go with a cheekchub, blullgill, sucker. My goodness the possibilities are endless how they can suck MORE money out of us.

I'm still pissed that they have the balls to charge $28 for a buck tag on a deer they don't know exists and if it does they don't want it alive in this $hit hole state to begin with.

Edited by Roon

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Like many here grew up hunting rabbits behind beagles with my Dad, loved each and every Saturday we spent together. There is no sweeter music than the sound of of beagles singing out on a hot trail. Had a beagle terrier mix that would run rabbits silent. Once she got the rabbit in sight she would give one quick bark/howl and then the rabbit was busting out in front of you. Good times.

Like many here grew up hunting rabbits behind beagles with my Dad, loved each and every Saturday we spent together. There is no sweeter music than the sound of of beagles singing out on a hot trail. Had a beagle terrier mix that would run rabbits silent. Once she got the rabbit in sight she would give one quick bark/howl and then the rabbit was busting out in front of you. Good times.

My little rat terrier/beagle mix was the exact same way, Redman. She loved crushing their skulls when I hung them over her.  She liked those fresh hearts, too. Good times indeed. Miss those days.

They need to manage the cover first or the predators will eat more then we do .I think the state needs to stop worrying about deer and start management of all species

Maybe make a bird stamp and raise chuckers they would be cheaper and more fun to hunt

I bascaily only do Upland hunting( wicth inlucludes woodcock and snipe)  and small game..   Chukers will be great and fun, its not cheaper them pheasente or quail its the same price to raise actually ( i think ;) ) . 

Still belive the ther way is thru limite control and not thru more $$$$  coming out of or pocketes. 

In England and France a few years ago the Grey chucker was in decline so they stoped hunting them for 1 year , relsease thousands of birds into wild ,,  and the yrs after that kept the  daily limite to 1 or 2 ,, after about 5 years they have thousands of birds .. 

The two limiting factors in wildlife is habitat and predators.  The very last thing our state needs is to pen raise another fish or animal that is not native to NJ and release them for "sport".  We need to better manage predators and where there is decent habitat, there are already plenty of game, even here in NJ.  Most WMAs have decent rabbit habitat.  I used to see guys working beagles and other breeds for rabbits all of the time, but over the years that tradition has waned and most hunters stick only to whitetails these days.  We have some very good duck and geese hunting, decent rabbit hunting, excellent woodcock hunting, yet few take advantage of those species and would rather shoot a pheasant raised in a pen and released a few hours before the 'hunt".  

The two limiting factors in wildlife is habitat and predators.  The very last thing our state needs is to pen raise another fish or animal that is not native to NJ and release them for "sport".  We need to better manage predators and where there is decent habitat, there are already plenty of game, even here in NJ.  Most WMAs have decent rabbit habitat.  I used to see guys working beagles and other breeds for rabbits all of the time, but over the years that tradition has waned and most hunters stick only to whitetails these days.  We have some very good duck and geese hunting, decent rabbit hunting, excellent woodcock hunting, yet few take advantage of those species and would rather shoot a pheasant raised in a pen and released a few hours before the 'hunt".

For me and a lot of guys hunting pen raised birds is pretty much the only option. I enjoy watching my dog work as any dog owner will say. It's not nearly as much about shooting the bird as it is watching the amazing natural instincts of a dog. I dont know of any excellent woodcock hunting. I see a few here and there. I would not describe NJ as an excellent place to find wild birds in any great numbers. South Dakota pheasant would be excellent Im sure. It sounds like some of our coastal zone duck hunting might be pretty good but I never tried it.

Might be a good idea, maybe fish and game will start up a doe tag next also.

Hell go with a cheekchub, blullgill, sucker. My goodness the possibilities are endless how they can suck MORE money out of us.

I'm still pissed that they have the balls to charge $28 for a buck tag on a deer they don't know exists and if it does they don't want it alive in this $hit hole state to begin with.

I agree. The 28 dollar buck tag is BS. Getting pricey in this state. Dont mention a doe tag. That will be next. Or, how about a saltwater license? Fished down in Delaware for one day and had to buy a license for saltwater for fish they dont spend a dime to raise or even migrate from another state-complete BS.

I agree. The 28 dollar buck tag is BS. Getting pricey in this state. Dont mention a doe tag. That will be next. Or, how about a saltwater license? Fished down in Delaware for one day and had to buy a license for saltwater for fish they dont spend a dime to raise or even migrate from another state-complete BS.

Believe it or not someone already suggested one here the fee for the salt water fishing license would be a good thing.

We are being raped and the hunting regulations we have to live by have nothing to do with conservation. Look at deer hunting seasons or the way Turkey seasons are structures. They are designed to extract from us as much money as possible

Believe it or not someone already suggested one here the fee for the salt water fishing license would be a good thing.

We are being raped and the hunting regulations we have to live by have nothing to do with conservation. Look at deer hunting seasons or the way Turkey seasons are structures. They are designed to extract from us as much money as possible

Some states do issue a paid license if im not mistaken.