IGNORED

Mary Lee's off Seaside Heights!

The tracks show point to point between the ping locations . Not the actual route .

I would bet the chip in her is way more accurate than a 1/4 mile

I am sure its more accurate. I am actually looking at the data and I think the shark was in the bay

I don't think she was in the bay, I think the tracking gear is off by 1/4 mile... That's an illogical track. The only way to get into upper bay is Manasquan inlet, point pleasant canal, and then the only way back out to the ocean south of there is Barnegat inlet.

You peaked my interest on this so I had to do some digging. I looked at all available tracks from as far south as they go  to NJ. There are 10 track-marks like the one below, and 7 of them are on bays, behind barrier Islands with very narrow, single inlet like Barnegat bay situation. This in itself proves nothing but I think I found something that tells me they are not GPS errors but  actual shark pings. Every single mark west of the ocean shoreline, on bay or inlets, hits a body of water. There isn't one showing a mark on land. Hundreds of marks  next to the beach and not one mark on land tells me we don't have GPS error and all 10 bay hits are actual sharks in the bay.  

AAAAping.jpg

thats incredible I wonder if she came in the manasquan inlet and traveled the point pleasant canal to Metedeconk? Or entered/exited Barnegat inlet?  Or both?  I spent 13 years windsurfing that bay from Forked River to Northern reaches back in my early 20s to early 30s. Never thought a shark would be in there.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

thats incredible I wonder if she came in the manasquan inlet and traveled the point pleasant canal to Metedeconk? Or entered/exited Barnegat inlet?  Or both?  I spent 13 years windsurfing that bay from Forked River to Northern reaches back in my early 20s to early 30s. Never thought a shark would be in there.

My coworker's parents live just few houses away form the last BB track and they are kayaking and swimming in the bay all the time. She is now nervous:-) :shock:  :happywave:

The tracks show point to point between the ping locations . Not the actual route .

That's true and a good point.   The line makes people think it's a true route, but it's not perfectly linear, it's just to help you visualize the general chronological path the animal took.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Also, big sharks well interior are not unheard of. 

Here's an except from famous shark attacks in Matawan Creek from 101 years ago.  That's more like a river and far more surprising of a place than Barneget Bay.

two major attacks took place in Matawan Creek near the town of Keyport on Wednesday, July 12. Located 30 miles (48 km) north of Spring Lake and inland of Raritan Bay, Matawan resembled a midwestern town rather than an Atlantic beach resort. Matawan's location made it an unlikely site for shark-human interaction. When Thomas Cottrell, a sea captain and Matawan resident, spotted an 8 ft (2.40m) long shark in the creek, the town dismissed him. Around 2:00 p.m. local boys, including epileptic Lester Stilwell, 11, were playing in the creek at an area called the Wyckoff dock when they saw what appeared to be an "old black weather-beaten board or a weathered log."A dorsal fin appeared in the water and the boys realized it was a shark. Before Stilwell could climb from the creek, the shark pulled him underwater.  The boys ran to town for help, and several men, including local businessman Watson Stanley Fisher, 24, came to investigate. Fisher and others dived into the creek to find Stilwell, believing him to have suffered a seizure. After locating the boy's body and attempting to return to shore, Fisher was also bitten by the shark in front of the townspeople, losing Stilwell in the process. His right thigh was severely injured and he bled to death at Monmouth Memorial Hospital in Long Branch at 5:30 p.m. Stilwell's body was recovered 150 feet (46 m) upstream from the Wyckoff dock on July 14.  The fifth and final victim, Joseph Dunn, 14, of New York City was attacked a half-mile from the Wyckoff dock nearly 30 minutes after the fatal attacks on Stilwell and Fisher. The shark bit his left leg, but Dunn was rescued by his brother and friend after a vicious tug-of-war battle with the shark. Joseph Dunn was taken to Saint Peter's University Hospital in New Brunswick; he recovered from the bite and was released on September 15, 1916

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Also, big sharks well interior are not unheard of. 

Here's an except from famous shark attacks in Matawan Creek from 101 years ago.  That's more like a river and far more surprising of a place than Barneget Bay.

That shark went very deep into a very narrow and shallow creek.

if you dont think sharks enter the bay you are kidding your self and would leave brown streaks in your pants if you seen what we pull out of the same places you take your kids to swim. go drop a tin of bunker chum overboard one night have two rods rigged with at least 10' of wire leader . on one live line a eel on the other a whole or half felet mackerel. then sit back and watch the fins start working the boat.

I remember a handfull of years ago, probably the year before the weekfish went down to one, I was out pulling my shrimp dredge in maybe 2 to 2.5 foot of water. the cage part is about 2 foot by 2 foot and the net goes back about 8 foot or so and then it is full you have about a 3 foot round ball of shrimp. well that night just on the edge of the lights while I was pulling it I saw 2 larg sharks probably 8+ feet in length pacing the boat and before I could get the dredge in one grabbed the net and literally stopped the boat. when I pulled it in I had a perfect hole you could put a basketball in.

I have also had them absolutely destroy 16' cast nets back in little creeks and lagoons in the middle of the night when going for baby bunker. there is literally no where they wont go if the food and urge to give birth is there. ask any clammer who treads for clams what he does when he feels 2 bumps brush up on him.

I don't know much about the gps tracking but I know she's in the area and I don't see why she wouldn't come into the bay.she has a smorgasbord of porpoises and seals to feast on that go thru the bay and live allover plus bull sharks come into beach haven yearly as well.so yea she could very easily come into the bays searching for a meal