IGNORED

Any Pre-Hunting Purchases?

About 10 years ago I started buying higher end items, now I have no need to replace because they have held up very well.  

I learned that lesson very long time ago. Early I had no money, buying cheap stuff and replacing it very often, paying more at the end.

Maybe purchase a new set of braodheads this year but I feel that I am good with everything else....Bought new boots last year and didn't even wear them once since I only went out once.

The only thing I am looking to buy is a good set of rubber boots for early season. Where I hunt grass and vegetation is high in September and always wet in the AM. I have been using what I have but they are to hot, 600 grain so I am looking for something light.

Any recommendations?

I learned that lesson very long time ago. Early I had no money, buying cheap stuff and replacing it very often, paying more at the end.

yep, my hunting jackets, bibs are 12 years old and yes they have wear and repaired tears.  I waste my money on trips and tags, not gear.

I want or need nothing. Got a new string for my Excalibur. I can't see myself ever wanting or need a new cross or compound bow. As for firearms, I have all I need, lots of rifles I would like, but I see no point since all I could do with it is shoot at 100 yards, I do that no problem with my 22 LR. I am actually thinking about selling stuff, not buying.

I can't believe I have no need or desire to purchase something new.

Like many guys, I've already purchased way more than I should!

That said, a .50 cal Pennsylvania flintlock rifle is about my only "want" right now.  I've never done muzzleloader season, and would love to take a deer the old fashioned way with a flintlock and a lead ball.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Regardless of what I would like to have on a wish list, I have enough equipment to last a good long time. What I really need is more time in the field & on the water.

Edited by Cedars