IGNORED

Amazing day, dog down!

Gobblengrunt

Any day with my kids is amazing but today was special as I took my daughter along coyote hunting. She woke up before dark this morning with a ton of energy as she anticipated her first predator hunt with me. Her excitement grew as we trekked up the mountain to our predetermined area. She checked the wind for me and I let her pick out our setup. She chose a tree to sit by and a place for the caller exactly as I would've picked. We started with a dying rabbit call. After about 25 minutes, I switched to coyotes yip and howling sounding like they just caught a bunny. 5 minutes later she elbows me in the ribs and whispered coyote! Two nice dogs came in. I picked the better shot and hit him at about 75 yards with my .243. I made a bad shot requiring us to track it for 200 yards or so in now very heavy cover. She did an amazing job helping me track. We found the yote still alive requiring a finishing shot. Great memories, life lessons learned, and a nice yote skin to be! Thanks for looking

Were you up in Sussex?  Also, does anyone have a closeup of a yote pawprint.  During the last snowfall, I found some tracks in the yard and took pics and they look like a yote and happened to be made really early in the morning.  As far as I know there were not any loose dogs running around and the prints were right next to the tree line.