IGNORED

Crossbow broadheads which do you use ?

Gruntinbuck

I recently got a good deal on a Horton crossbow package and I'm in the process of setting it up. What broadheads do you use and why? My preference is fixed style heads but I've been told planning is and issue with crossbows and fixed heads once you get out past 25 yds. Whats everyone's thoughts? Thanks chris

First time My son ever used a crossbow was this season. I spoke with numerous friends who hunt exclusivly with the crossbow looking for recommendations like you. Decided to use the Rage Hypodermic crossbow broadheads specifically made for the crossbow. Shoots identical to a field tip and the buck my son shot went less than 40 yards and was dead on his feet. I highly recommend them. Please look at the collar and line up the blades like recommended when affixing them to the arrow. Makes a difference as told by the guys that use them..

rage.jpg

Edited by LPJR

NAP Spitfire maxx mechanical broadheads because I couldn't get fixed heads to group well out of my Darton Toxin 150ss. There are no rubber bands, o-rings, or clips to break or malfunction on these heads.

I tried slick tricks and ramcat fixed blade heads. Neither grouped well enough past 20 yards to give me enough confidence to take a longer shot on a deer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Edited by supr78nova

NAP Spitfire maxx mechanical broadheads because I couldn't get fixed heads to group well out of my Darton Toxin 150ss. There are no rubber bands, o-rings, or clips to break or malfunction on these heads.

I tried slick tricks and ramcat fixed blade heads. Neither grouped well enough past 20 yards to give me enough confidence to take a longer shot on a deer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

X 2!! I used to use slick tricks also but I wasn’t impressed with the grouping or the hole size. I switched over to the spitfire maxx this year and all I can say is WOW!!!!! Cheap, fly like field points and insane holes! Several deer so far and none have gone past 40 yards. Dick’s has 4 packs for $40 and you can always find a coupon.

I had used Slick Trick's 150 grain crossbow head for years and never had a problem until this year.  I just bought a pack of Excalibur's 150 gr Boltcutters.  They fly like field points but they have a smaller cutting diameter, which I'm not thrilled about.  

Zwickey

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."