IGNORED

Opening day who's going out tomorrow ?

51smd

Been out regularly during September and after the October stockings working in the dog training area and this past week also finding lots of birds and we are ready to go.  However it won't be until after lunch and the opening day rampage has subsided.

Besides I always liked bird hunting on Fall afternoons more than the mornings. Pretty much wherever you go you have the place to yourself, its not as cold which I think easier on the dog, I know it is on me and there are some spectacular scenes with the sun going down late afternoon.

Best wishes to everyone, be safe and if anyone wants to hook up at Colliers Mills, Howardsville or Greenwood let me know..... retired with a decent dog and a nice walk watching the dog work is primary in my book, knocking a bird down is secondary.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Been out regularly during September and after the October stockings working in the dog training area and this past week also finding lots of birds and we are ready to go.  However it won't be until after lunch and the opening day rampage has subsided.

Besides I always liked bird hunting on Fall afternoons more than the mornings. Pretty much wherever you go you have the place to yourself, its not as cold which I think easier on the dog, I know it is on me and there are some spectacular scenes with the sun going down late afternoon.

Best wishes to everyone, be safe and if anyone wants to hook up at Colliers Mills, Howardsville or Greenwood let me know..... retired with a decent dog and a nice walk watching the dog work is primary in my book, knocking a bird down is secondary.

Very cool offer RPK! I am sure guys in that neck of the woods would love to take you up on that. Have fun and be safe!