BowhunterNJ

11/28 check in

No but, I did get to check my trail cameras and repaired my natural ground blind due to the snow. Saw a nice 9 point on the camera.

Passed on a young 8 pointer tonight, and shot a doe that was way too smart for her own good!

She wasn't even that old of a deer, but super skittish, and looked at me in the tree a ton of times.

My platform is around 25-27 feet up, and I'm in a double tree with a tree behind me for cover and another in front of me...she still looked up there and picked me out.

Well she won't be causing problems anymore! Good freezer filler! :up:

Shot...

Shot1.JPG

Entrance...

Doe1.jpg

Exit...

Doe2.jpg

Rage to the cage, she made it a bit farther than I would have expected (around 100 yards), but a quick kill nonetheless.

Definitely a high hit, but a nice big blade put her down in just a few seconds. :up:

• Agree 4

That's a big doe. I have several that pick me out and they will be deleted by the end of January.

• Agree 1

Yep, have the Excalibur Mega 405 :)

First deer I've shot with it.

nice bow. dont have to worry about limbs breaking on that one :up:

Hah, it's funny you say that. I actually have had a set of limbs crack on me earlier this month. Excalibur customer service is excellent though. They sent me a full replacement frontend unit and another set of limbs as a backup. Hopefully I don't see any additional issues with it as I definitely like the bow! :up:

guess they all crack then. that's  good they went the extra mile. can't say the same for bowtek.