IGNORED

Not a good day for this guy

Lunatic

I was driving yesterday on Rt 35, over Cheesequake Creek and saw what it looked like a boat stuck on the jetty. I know this inlet very well, and the south jetty disappears just below the surface with incoming tide. I turned around to see if I could help, but he was too far out and it looked like he refused help from passing boats. I could hear the boat scraping the rocks and people on it trying to push the boat out with nets and rods/brooms, the engine was way up and running:shock:. It looked like a nice, new Aquasport:-( I left after few minutes and was expecting to see him perched on the jetty on my way back, since the tide was going out, but two hours latter he was gone. Not a good 4th for this guy:down:

167764363_jEPqqobm.jpg

167764360_RJ4ohbxg.jpg

With all the chuckle heads operating watercraft on the holiday weekend I'm shocked we don't see more of this. I've seen people run over the north submerged jetty in Barnegat Inlet also. Glad no one was seriously injured in this incident. Captain Joseph Hazelwood award winner for sure.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

20 minutes ago, SPEARFISH said:

Memorial Day and 4th of July are great days to hang out at the boat dock.  You wouldn't believe some of the things you see.

Hang out at a major boat ramp then you can have some thing to laugh at. It crazy some of the thing people do :shakehead:

I saw a guy drop a brand new GradyWhite at the Leonardo ramp one time.  Gel coat all over the concrete ramp, looked like snow. He made the mistake of unhooking the trailer winch prior to backing down the incline. His buddy tried to hold the bow line and was lucky not to lose his arms.  If he wrapped the line around his arm he would have lost it.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

4 minutes ago, Zipper said:

I saw a guy drop a brand new GradyWhite at the Leonardo ramp one time.  Gel coat all over the concrete ramp, looked like snow. He made the mistake of unhooking the trailer winch prior to backing down the incline. His buddy tried to hold the bow line and was lucky not to lose his arms.  If he wrapped the line around his arm he would have lost it.

I saw that several times. One time the boat landed 10’ from the water and the guy just pushed it in the water and went fishing :-) 

Years ago there was a Place on the Morgan Creek Robert E Lee Inn with big windows at the Bar we would watch when there were a flood tide Boats would Run over the hidden Jetty without fail.  And they were tenants of the marinas.  The Best show today is on any summer weekend at the Atlantic Highlands Ramp The Benches fill up fast so bring your own chairs and cooler. Not only the boat Circus. but watching the Game Wardens and Coast Guard Hand out Tickets even Arrests.  You can't fix Stupid is so true and to think they are so-called Captains.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

On 7/5/2018 at 10:56 AM, Buck154 said:

Hang out at a major boat ramp then you can have some thing to laugh at. It crazy some of the thing people do :shakehead:

Oh so true.  We offered to a help a struggling couple from PA put in and my buddy asked were their ropes were.  The guy answered with,"What ropes?"