IGNORED

NJ Herald Article and report on bears

_X7

Yes, a good article.  The criticism will come from the bear groupies saying the data on the population is flawed and the numbers are inflated because it's impossible to count every bear. In addition to "anecdotal evidence" such as "I live in bear country and never see bears so how is it possible that there are 2500 of them" BS.  On top of that, they will claim the bias of DFW toward "inflating" numbers to justify the hunt.  

Science only matters to liberals when it supports their neo-marxist agenda.   

My deepest fear is that when the hunt is canceled and the numbers go way up, that some unmindful young child playing in the backyard of some house is killed by a bear.  

That article points out many of the things I did a few days ago in an early thread here - I recommend everyone read that NJ DFW status report that is linked in that thread and that news article. It's chock full of scientific data that supports the bear hunt and is the perfect refutation to the anti-science environmental activists like the anti-bear hunting groups and even our new governor who wants to stop the bear hunt to "study the bear issue." (note to governor, that has already been done - read the report and the studies it references!)