IGNORED

How to get a mature buck to show in daylight?

jerseybowhunter

It depends on where the girls are. Unless he is celibate he should be on his feet pushing some doe around to give it up. If there are no doe in his area he could go a long way looking for them. If he is the king of kings the doe may very well go to him. .He, no doubt, feels safer in the thicket and that is where a  doe may lead,him just before her time  so you may need to crowd him a bit. With the right wind of course. You could tie a pseudo licking branch to one of those trees there and make a mock scrape and hope he'll investigate in daylight

Doesnt look like he is getting in there too far after daylight.  Can you slide in clser to his bedding area to try and catch him when he first gets up?

If it's just you & him on private, you can wait for him to slip up during the rut.  Otherwise, if you want to make a move, (this has paid off big for me a couple of times) wait for the right wind, get in extra early well before he get there & get as close as possible to that bedding area in a climber.  Go extra high if possible.  Good luck.

Don't try to get closer. Wait for the right wind and hang a scent drag in a tree high enough so the scent will travel through the bedding area. Soak it with Tinks or another Doe in Heat and put it up at 4pm. If he is in there he will smell it and come looking. I use 35mm film cans. I put a hole through them and run fishing line through them. I fill them with Cotton and then with Tinks 69. Hang it on a branch and slide the cap up the string. Fishing line won't hold your scent.

I hunted along a powerline once were I could see 300 yards away. One day I saw a real nice 8 sparing with a little buck. I moved my stand over about 50yds to were I saw them and hung the Tinks bottle up right under it. I saw the 8 come out of the woods 300 yards away with his nose in the air. Watched as he hound dogged that smell straight to me like he was on a string. As his nose touched the Tinks Bottle I put an Arrow right through his Heart. It sold me on scents.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

can you set up straight downwind of him and get a buddy to walk around 80yrds upwind of him? On two ocassions its worked for me, just a little scent of human can sometimes make them circle downwind of their bed and if that circle goes by your stand your in. No gaurantee, sometimes they will just hold tight but worth a try, just dont let your buddy bump him, just close enough to let his scent get to him

AWM