IGNORED

Solid shooters in daylight

Bucksnbows

I made the mistake of not checking my camera settings closely enough and had the time between shots at 10 seconds instead of 15 minutes.  Wound up with 2,183 photos in about 5 days  :banghead:

Oh well, problem fixed yesterday when I finally found time to re-bait with another 250 lbs of corn and apples.  From now until the opener in 8 days, we'll ensure that the barrel always has bait in it.  I hump it in 50 lbs at a time, so it takes some time as we're well into the forest.  

This big boy showed a scant 11 minutes after I baited on the 23rd....

PICT0004.JPG

PICT0012.JPG

Here's another good one showing mid to late mornings for us.

PICT1765.JPG

I repositioned the camera yesterday as virtually every bear feeds on the right side of the barrel when looking in this direction, so we'll see better the next time I download photos.

Not a monster, but a good enough bear for a shooter for me.

PICT2074.JPG

Nice one.Good luck.

Thanks.  That's actually several different bears.  One of the bigger ones I didn't post only comes in at night and my # 1 bear in terms of amount of time being on the bait barrel is too small to be a shooter.  Also seeing a sow with 2 cubs, but almost only at night and they're showing less and less with the other bears around.  Best news for me is most bears are on our private property and not wandering in from state land nearby.   

One of our bow stands nearby (200 yards) the bear bait barrel:

Cdy00002.JPG

Normally we don't bait this site, we just use minerals.  But with all the bears around, I tossed out a single deer block which I know the bears will hit. 

Edited by Bucksnbows