IGNORED

Smoked Salmon

Nanuk

anyone ever try this in an oven maybe at liquid smoke for flavor?

You could also use a grill, gas or charcoal , just wrap some wood chips in foil and cook indirect heat.  Or for a cold smoke google amazen smoker .com.  I like to smoke salmon both ways, cold as in lox and cooked as in smoked.  The amazen box cold smokes anything. 

Edited by jerseyhunter

Do you rinse the fish with cold water after you take it out of the cure?

No Rinsing , it's basically a sugar cure with very little salt as you can see the ratio , I find it sweet with a hint of salt. If you were to soak the fish in a" Brine" with equal parts salt to sugar you'd definitely want to rinse. This cure starts dry but as it extrudes moisture from the flesh it'll get a syrupy consistency. As it cures the fingers will stiffen up the fingers as the moisture leaves the flesh. Drying on the rack seals in the natural fish oils and makes a candy shell. That's why its important to smoke at a low temp , once that shell breaks you'll loose your moisture.

Experiment and Enjoy

I often wonder if I enjoying hunting and fishing as much as I do processing and cooking !!!

That looks awesome, what kind of wood did you use? I've messed around with pork butts, ribs and brisket on my WSM but never thought of fish. Might have to give this a try.

Smoked in an electric unit , 160 for approximately 4 hours . I used Apple wood

If you guys want something different try smoking shrimp and scallops .....

6- 8 large cloves of Garlic

2 Sticks of butter

Parsley as much or little (opt)

Salt and Pepper to taste

Melt butter , mince or press your garlic and combine , add your other ingridents

Clean and de-vein your Shrimp

Clean Scallops

Skewer with two Skewers so that the items don't spin on you and brush on the mixture of butter.

Smoke at 160-170 until firm and cooked through. Every smoker cooks at a different rate and you personally know your own oven, Please use caution and make sure they're cooked . Enjoy