IGNORED

Deer Ticks,Black Bears, + DEET.

6 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Agreed but there are officers who believe you can't have hallow point bullets at all.

And here's a scenario that plays in my head. I don't carry bear spray but I could see this happening to someone Get stopped for a minor traffic violation on way to or from hunting with bear spray.  That hunter has a ccw.  The way the law is written of notification that individual has to inform that there is a fire arm in the car even if not carrying.  Officer decides to look further or even just sees the can of bear spray it is technically an illegal weapon.

It's like ccw most officers I know wouldn't hassle for having it in say apple bees but law says no ccw in restaurants that serve alcohol.   I wouldn't risk it.  Yes it's concealed but God forbid someone sees it.  In addition to that everything is on camera now so it's hard for an officer to have that discretion and I would never want to put one in that position 

Not arguing....yes, it is illegal by law to carry over 3/4 of an oz. Most officers wouldn't know this (or that there is a law that prohibits exploding golf balls). 

It would unlikely be enforced (even if known it was a law). 

Most officers have common sense, I said Most. I would bet this law has been enforced once in the history of it being Enacted. 

But, yes you are correct...it is a law. 

I bet it is more so one of those things where they will just tack it on if you did something more egregious, but if its the only thing they will just ignore it.

It's like all the ticky-tack regulations that they add on if you are found trespassing and poaching deer -- "Oh, you didn't sign your license? ding. No license attached to your outer clothing? ding."

Permethrin is odorless when it is dried. It doesn't attract bears, that' complete nonsense. If an aerosol spray is used, it leaves an odor.

Aerosol spray residue leaves an odor, not Permethrin.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Permethrin is odorless when it is dried. It doesn't attract bears, that' complete nonsense. If an aerosol spray is used, it leaves an odor.

I def don’t agree with that . I absolutely can smell permethrin for over a month after it’s applied .(both sawyers and home brew )..

I usually reapply it after I don’t smell it a little . 

but I also don’t think it will attract bears 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

If ur making ur own tick spray.   Use gloves and goggles.   Use and make outside.  Make sure it’s blowing away from you not back at u.   That concentrate is badass n had me messed up for hrs when I first used it.   

Bears will normally run off the second they see you. If not, and you really feel threaten, a face full of turkey load should convince them to leave you alone.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

6 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I def don’t agree with that . I absolutely can smell permethrin for over a month after it’s applied .(both sawyers and home brew )..

I usually reapply it after I don’t smell it a little . 

but I also don’t think it will attract bears 

Permethrin itself is odorless. Some concentrates contain petroleum distillates which can give off an odor

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

12 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

That is the reason,I use a Spray on product such as Repel/ 40% DEET. Keeps the Curious Bears from checking out my Calling Location if they get a Whiff of that on my clothes.

In NY,I usually stick with Permitherin after that 1st week.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

6 minutes ago, BHC said:

use what you like, spray your camo, and allow it to dry. it doesn't come in contact with your skin if you wear clothing under your camo

No but when you sweat it will.

if anyone believes the nonsense that these manufacturers & the FDA claim some of these products are safe for humans if they kill bugs it will harm humans, they said the same about ROUNDUP  & many other products.

I don't allow the treated clothing to come into contact with my skin, I wear clothing under the treated clothing....long sleeve Tshirt, jeans,