IGNORED

Losing my mind

smittty

Shot a rod out of one of my new muzzle loaders. And yes it hurt. Bore looks good but it won’t fire I removed the bolt and firing pin assembly and all looks ok  but something is fu()Ed up. That was a first for me and it won’t happen again. I’ll think of the pain every time I pull the trigger 

1 minute ago, electricstart said:

Will the cap fire if not firing pin. Maybe bent. Back pressure. 

That's what I was thinking. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

A friend did that years ago. He was sighting it in for the first time and the target was close. After he fired I was like "WTH" because it shattered the wood target into splinters.

2 minutes ago, rocky said:

A friend did that years ago. He was sighting it in for the first time and the target was close. After he fired I was like "WTH" because it shattered the wood target into splinters.

I never found the rod must be in the next county. Was his gun ok 

16 minutes ago, electricstart said:

check breech plug hole.

It’s fine I measured it. I’ll figure it out. Maybe the pin is bent I didn’t really check it I seen it was in one piece so figured it was ok. I’m not playing with it now I’m  to bummed out need to give it a few weeks and hopefully it won’t be two costly 

Muzzleloading is like carpentry, measure twice and cut once. Meaning, double check every thing you do and don't be in a hurry. 

I snapped a primer once to foul the barrel but..........there was a bullet in the barrel. :whacky:

Edited by archer36

14 minutes ago, smittty said:

Had my head up my ass. That’s the only excuse I can think of. I swear my brains like a marshmallow these days

It happens. I try to be safety minded and double check things. When I was in Florida this year I have a routine when I load my kayak into the back of my truck (12' yak 6' bed) and all the other fishing gear inside the truck. I got a call while I was loading and I forgot to attach the tie downs to my yak. When I got to the stop sign after the 25 mph speed limit and needed to make a right turn and accelerate into traffic at 40 MPH my kayak flew out of the back of my truck and came to a sliding stop in the middle turning lane of a 5 lane roadway. Needless to say I looked like a one man Nascar crew loading it back up as quickly as possible. 

Yep we all have days when our heads are up our ass, but some have way more than others. Be thankful you are not one of them.