IGNORED

Paulinskill River

Rem Mag

So a friend just acquired some property that has the river running through it. I have never fished the Paulinskill before but will be now.

Clearly i have a spot and access so not looking to spot burn. Just hoping for a little input on what to expect from the Paulinskill river. Bottom looks mostly hard bottom,  lots of small stones, really nice flow (will it stay a good flow into summer) ? Will it be equally as nice as the other bigger streams?

I have fished the Musky, Pequest, S branch raritan and other smaller creeks for many many years, so not new to trout fishing. 

Thanks for any input 👍 

Not much to really add if you have fished all the other main rivers. Not sure exactly what you are asking? You can expect stocked trout but may only depend obviously on the closest stocking location to the property access. Sounds like a better hunting location. Stocked trout are stocked trout. It really will be no different than the rest of the entirety of the river that’s public and gets stocked. It can actually be worse if it’s a more remote portion away from a stocking point. 

7 minutes ago, Mallard1100 said:

Not much to really add if you have fished all the other main rivers. Not sure exactly what you are asking? You can expect stocked trout but may only depend obviously on the closest stocking location to the property access. Sounds like a better hunting location. Stocked trout are stocked trout. It really will be no different than the rest of the entirety of the river that’s public and gets stocked. It can actually be worse if it’s a more remote portion away from a stocking point. 

Yep There is a bridge less than 500 yards up stream from the property line. I'll  have to look close at the signs 

Depending where take a look upstream. I know there are a couple bridges that are not stocked due to private property around the bridges.   The areas I’m familiar with get high with lots of rain and can become low with periods of no rain.  I’ve caught smallmouth in there(nothing worth wild) and shad should be running up it depending if you above or below a dam. But I believe you can’t intentionally target shad in there 

Very nutrient rich water, lots of food for the trout, but it muddies up quick after rain and takes longer to clear than most.  It does get too warm in summer although there are a few spots where some trout can make it .   It gets a significant portion of state rainbows so you will find plenty if the stretch is good trout water.  There are some clubs between Stillwater and Columbia, so possibility of a big brown could exist.   Dam removals are happening so water quality should only get better 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Thanks all for the input. I searched NJW&W now also and see a few others asking the same. Definitely will be wetting some line. Will also hit the local public access too since I will be in the area.