IGNORED

Taxidermist goes AWOL

Like most things.  Research is key.  Quality work takes time as well.  Communication is half the battle.  I think most people are fine with long lead times as long as communication is still on par.  

when I got my black bear done in 2017 it was $3500.  Bear was 330lb.  I’ve had hunting buddies who shot bears almost twice that size and had a cheaper mount but their bears head also looks like it’s about to go through an exorcism and the bear itself looks blocky and unnatural.

you pay for what you get.  I won’t put a price tag on quality and fine details.  

IMG_2745.jpeg

IMG_2746.jpeg

1 hour ago, roy381 said:

I'm in the same boat here. Still waiting on a 2021 buck. I was aware there would be delays because of covid. I got a text from my taxidermist last august saying he would be starting mine that evening. I text earlier this month and never got a response. I looked him up on Facebook and last fall he was apologizing to clients for being so far behind. Still blaming it on supply shortages from the pandemic. A simple return text would ease my mind. 

They are definitely having an issue with supplies . But talking to my taxidermist the bigger issue has been getting the hides tanned .

2 of the bigger most used facilities closed during Covid , causing a huge back log .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

8 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Then I would guess he assumed the friendship you would understand

Yeah that or the fact that I was too good of a friend and payed him in full when I dropped the animals off. So he was already payed and he put mine on the back burner to work on someone else’s that he only got a down payment. Get those ones finished to get more money. Who knows.