IGNORED

The best guides and outfitters

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

So take a tent and a porta  potty lol

My most memorable hunts were sleeping in a tent balled up in a sleeping bag, eating at a fold up table , a shower with a bucket and propane heater and piece of plywood over a hole in the ground as your bathroom. 

Ahhhhh the good old days in Alaska and BC. 

10173-38931cdea372811f3cdc6b7aeb690620.jpg.b703aaf3f1be6b86300e11c47d822d76.jpg23_12A-Copy.jpg.c4de0522ce526f1131affb407b1231f3.jpg10409-1edefd2feca8c20f8147da8e696ace2e.jpg.3c89bc17d1123fdb1aa0f39e2dc76871.jpg10416-c7a7cca81cffbed2d6f2796f68f76b49.jpg.5488f944c10dd8544b2709810f8b75cd.jpg10092-9feb2b96707a789d8537cd4e1fba1e73.jpg.3bb243037fbe3aa7a9453e5eaebb3516.jpg

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

9 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

My most memorable hunts were sleeping in a tent balled up in a sleeping bag, eating at a fold up table , a shower with a bucket and propane heater and piece of plywood over a hole in the ground as your bathroom. 

I had one of those hunts in BC back in early 90’s. Memorable camp but outfitter was not very good for anything but black bear glassing blueberry bushes along sides of roads. Remote camp there was no place to bathe other than the cold river and bar of soap. 

21 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

I'm ok with that as long as I'm alone or with a Bud. 

For almost 20 years I was spoiled by an outfitter in NB Canada. Great areas to hunt, mature bucks, great food and accommodations. There was times I had the entire lodge to myself. He only took a max of 8 hunters per week and provided plenty of guiding help if needed. Sadly, he split from his wife and lost pretty much everything. If the Ohio gig doesn't work out, I may do a semi guided hunt up there next year.

cody carrs hunting adventures  montana tell you he has private ranches  but hunt national forest with every body else and guides that dont know what there doing dont even have a butcher to use worst place I hunted

Agree with what many said........most important aspect is the possibility of killing a giant buck. I don't mind primitive places (tent/out houses). I simply want to hunt with people who are decent. I don't need a fancy meal or lodge, but good food is expected and a clean lodge is a must.

The two places I hear the best things about in Ohio are Wolf Creek & Kokosing River...........NEVER been to either.

I hope new forums are created here to give honest recommendations of hunting outfitters & fishing charters. I am up to par on fishing charters, but still have not been to a hunting outfitter I would rave about.

MOST IMPORTANT, take what people say with a grain of salt, as everyone's expectations/experiences are different. What I like, may not be the same as the next guy. 

Went to Kokosing 2 years in a row but got the email recently that they are shutting down, is a shame because they were great, but it’s weird because the website is still up and looks like they are still booking hunts?

Went to WRO (Wild Rut Outfitters) has nice property but head guide and the owner split was like a soap opera while we were there in the middle of it, not sure who is going to take over but I definitely wouldn’t go back with them for a few years, see if they get it figured out. 

5C98D17D-51AC-43C2-B5C8-0E0D1065527D.jpeg

Edited by Herd Buck

11 hours ago, electric10162 said:

For the money, I don't want to bunk with eight other guys in the same room with one bathroom and shower. And if the food sucks as well, I'll find something that has it all. 

To me it is all about overall hunting and being away on vacations experience. So I’m with you. I don’t necessary need 5 star accommodations but I want clean,  comfortable and decent food. People I pay need to be nice as well or I’ll never come back, even with 200” bucks in the back yard.