IGNORED

ML Powder Measuring by Weight or Volume?

BowhunterNJ

I recently bought a scale to weigh bh209. I have had zero problems using the bh209 charge tubes. When I spoke to BH Reps, they also told me that measuring was unnecessary unless I was shooting in bench rest competitions. However, a few reloaders said why wouldn't you weigh for perfect consistency. So, just bought a scale. May weigh out all mine. Have not decided....

3 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I recently bought a scale to weigh bh209. I have had zero problems using the bh209 charge tubes. When I spoke to BH Reps, they also told me that measuring was unnecessary unless I was shooting in bench rest competitions. However, a few reloaders said why wouldn't you weigh for perfect consistency. So, just bought a scale. May weigh out all mine. Have not decided....

Weigh powder for 3 tubes. If they fill the sane way then there is no point to weighing. That’s what I discovered 

2 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

I simply don’t understand the resistance to weigh. It’s more accurate and faster. You weigh in a couple seconds and throw in the tube. By volume you add, tap, eyeball and either add more get rid of some tap and eyball. Makes no friggin sense to me

It’s a PIA at the range. If you run out of already set up tubs you have to take out your scale afield. 
on the other hand what’s the true benefit? 
It is faster?? No way, there are more steps for sure. 
1. set up scale 

2. fill the container on scale with powder

3. Fill your quick loader/tube

when doing it the other way you start at 3

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It’s a PIA at the range. If you run out of already set up tubs you have to take out your scale afield. 
on the other hand what’s the true benefit? 
It is faster?? No way, there are more steps for sure. 
1. set up scale 

2. fill the container on scale with powder

3. Fill your quick loader/tube

when doing it the other way you start at 3

Pffft, you shoot car doors with your xbow…. Nuff said

AWM