IGNORED

Looking for a club near Warren or Sussex County

13 hours ago, Jcol6268 said:

Plenty of access without locked gates lol. Most of us who hunt WMA's have plenty of stories about people riding quads and dirt bikes illegally on them. 

And they go around gates ripping up the WMA and drive there illegally, the OP has the proper permits!  I’ve seen a bunch of locked gates at Clinton WMA!

11 hours ago, parahunter said:

Spoke with the walkill wildlife refuge today. They only have one section for handicapped hunters. Restrictions are no use of atvs or vehicles past their gate. although they do give you the combination 

That stinks.  They've changed because the other guy would sit on his atv.  We used to be able to drive down in there before it was disabled only.  Good, thick area, though, that doesn't get much pressure.  Maybe the roads are impassable now.  Not a place to just use a wheelchair to get in and out of.  

On 11/20/2023 at 6:32 PM, smittty said:

I’ve never seen a wma that had a gate and locked

Sparta Mountain WMA does by me. They actually have two gates a couple hundred yards apart that are both locked. But the quads just rip around them. But it keeps cars and trucks from driving further. 

37 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Sparta Mountain WMA does by me. They actually have two gates a couple hundred yards apart that are both locked. But the quads just rip around them. But it keeps cars and trucks from driving further. 

Really how can the justify that they should use law enforcement not locked gates Central Jersey buy me has problem with bikes and quads they don’t lock gates and it also needs some kind of enforcement. And have stricter penalties. Get caught and for-fit your machine confiscate a few 5000.00 machines will probably slow it down and the auction them of and put the money towards more enforcement 

Edited by smittty

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Sorry to hear that.   Do you mind me asking you what kind of stand you fell out of ? I  use a climber regular and find them to be reasonable safe , although I do worry occasionally about the bottom droppin out when I'm up there.

It was a lock on stand with ratchet straps and a chain with a lock on it. For a climber tie a pice of paracord to the top and bottom. Use a lifeline while climbing as well. My fall happens when I was facing to tree attaching my harness to it. Always be tied to the tree even while climbing 

26 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Sorry to hear that.   Do you mind me asking you what kind of stand you fell out of ? I  use a climber regular and find them to be reasonable safe , although I do worry occasionally about the bottom droppin out when I'm up there.

Buy stabilizer straps like the lone wolf uses.  Keeps top tied to bottom and let's you cinch down seat