IGNORED

Trout Stocking Survey – Part 3

UPDATED FROM JULY 21, 2023

spring-trout-stocking-truck-1024x683.jpg

We are excited to launch Part 3 (General & Special Regulations) of our NJ Trout Stocking Survey. We wanted to thank you for your participation in our first two trout stocking surveys. Your feedback is very valuable to us so that we can provide a better trout fishing experience!

The button below will take you to Part 3 of the trout stocking survey. We ask that you take the time to continue with your input.

In case you did not get the chance to take Parts 1 or 2 of the survey, they are also included below.

Take Part 3 (General & Special Regulations) of the NJ Trout Stocking Survey now!

Take Part 2 (Closures) of the NJ Trout Stocking Survey

Take Part 1 (Angler Usage) of the NJ Trout Stocking Survey

View the full article

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Here’s every trout angler’s chance to be heard on any possible changes for trout stocking. 

I gave my wish list. 

1) No trout under 12" shall be released in NJ waters

2) Do not close waters for in-season trout stocking but also do not reveal date or time when they will be stocked

3) Equal number of browns to rainbow ratio to be stocked

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

15 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

2) Do not close waters for in-season trout stocking but also do not reveal date or time when they will be stocked

Problem with that is - all the insiders and friends would get the word and only the "special people" would get first dibs. You just know that kind of secret would never really be a secret among the select few.

32 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Problem with that is - all the insiders and friends would get the word and only the "special people" would get first dibs. You just know that kind of secret would never really be a secret among the select few.

If someone can only catch trout by getting inside intel as to when the secret stocking takes place - god bless them and I feel very very very so very sorry for them.  That is just beyond pathetic.  I am not basing policy on the lowest common denominator 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

I said the creek limit should be 4 fish a day. I think 6 is a little excessive. I know many will disagree but I think guys just keep them because they can. There’s always another day to go fish and catch more stockies. 

I actually put the same thing 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

32 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

I said the creek limit should be 4 fish a day. I think 6 is a little excessive. I know many will disagree but I think guys just keep them because they can. There’s always another day to go fish and catch more stockies. 

The issue is many streams are put and take as the trout do not survive during the summer months when temps get to high but can agree with you in creeks and streams such as the toms river where trout are living year round and even believed to be reproducing 

47 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

I never keep trout. As in not for over 35 years.  I’m fine with 6 fish opening day until June 1, and I said I would drop it to 2 from there until the pre season closure each March into early April. But I’m a pure C&R fly snob. 

41 minutes ago, DJ0808 said:

Said I'd like to see more brown trout overall and more lakes stocked with trout of any species in Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem counties.

There won't be any brown trout in the hatchery until the furunculosis-free purity spiral is ended.   Testing is the order of the day.

Testing for it is agenda-driven and retarded.   Furunculosis is everywhere.  Other states that stock trout deal with it on a regular basis without destroying any fish.

20 hours ago, DJ0808 said:

Said I'd like to see more brown trout overall and more lakes stocked with trout of any species in Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem counties.

The problem is thise lakes or ponds won't hold them through the summer personally I'd rather the funds put into habitat rather than stocking a spot that will die