IGNORED

Just had ten teeth pulled

smittty

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

Why would you be suspect of legal dispenseries?  Why are you not suspect of the legal pharma industy?  With all of the garbage they find in those drugs, all of the famous and infamous tainted products, and the gang of class-action lawsuits against the pharma industry, the legal weed industry has a far better track record (so far).  

Why is "legal" in quotation marks?  Despite your opinion, medical marijuana is legal in 38 states and and recreational marijuana is legal in I think 23 states. 

Seems like your bias (i.e. who signs your paychecks) is affecting your ability to remain objective.  

"legal"?

The United States Federal Government has rules, regulations, and best practices established for all industries. However, the cannabis industry is considered federally illegal. The Cole Memorandum was rescinded in 2018, leaving only the Farm Bill to offer the cannabis industry clarity on the federal government’s stance on cannabis and how to ensure consumer safety. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has deferred the responsibility to states for creating regulations and guidelines that ensure cannabis products are subject to sufficient quality control and quality assurance measures. What are those measures and are they sufficient?

Most state regulations simply affirm that companies are required to produce, process, and package cannabis products using “good manufacturing practices.” Regulators are inspecting and auditing for security and traceability compliance and not as focused on methods or sanitation. This leaves companies up to their own discretion as to what constitutes good practices.

2 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Why would you be suspect of legal dispenseries?  Why are you not suspect of the legal pharma industy?  With all of the garbage they find in those drugs, all of the famous and infamous tainted products, and the gang of class-action lawsuits against the pharma industry, the legal weed industry has a far better track record (so far).  

Why is "legal" in quotation marks?  Despite your opinion, medical marijuana is legal in 38 states and and recreational marijuana is legal in I think 23 states. 

Seems like your bias (i.e. who signs your paychecks) is affecting your ability to remain objective.  

https://projectcbd.org/safety/poison-alert-quality-control-is-often-lacking-for-cannabis-products/

47 minutes ago, Gman said:

Cannabis growth has more compliance testing requirements than any other agricultural commodity in the US.  The data remains hard to access to to it's federal standing.  Some of it is out there though. I read a study on NCBI about this stuff recently.  Something like 5% of samples from the nationwide study showed levels of any given contaminant, even with the levels being considered "safe" and under typical agricultural guidelines.  I'll care more about this stuff when folks care more about the crap that is in the food they eat and feed their kids every day. Fun fact - 75% of produce is contaminated with harmful pesticides.   Here's a study about how much bacteria is in/on our produce https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8744955/

I think there are something like 48 million cases of food poisoning in the US annually, with over 3000 fatalities.  We're certainly not seeing that from the cannabis industry. 

40 minutes ago, smittty said:

Also it may be legal in some states but I don’t think it’s legal to own firearms and possess  weed

I remember there being a conflict with folks who were trying to obtain medical cards.  I don't know how it affects recreational use.  The caveat being that even if you purchase the marijuana legally at a dispesery, there is no proof you are the one who consumed it.  I could be wrong though. 

Edited by not on the rug