IGNORED

Where's the Opening Day War Stories??

mazzgolf

Where's all the pheasant opening day stories ?? Not a single post?!? :headscratch: I'm waiting to hear about the latest fun at Collier's Mill. :mg::rofl:

I didn't go out Saturday. But a buddy of mine has a new dog and wanted to go out this morning (he's not interested in joining the orange army)... we saw one bird ("saw" - not "shoot" - flushed from a long way away. That bird's nerves must have been shot from the past two days of hell after living a life of luxury on the farm... probably flushes at the mere waft of the wind let alone the sound of a dog's footsteps :)

frightened-cartoon-chicken-vector-illustration-white-65822388.jpg

11 minutes ago, JD48 said:

Didn't go Saturday (colliers mills), but went today (Monday), few guys out, heard 1 shot, dog found 1 dead cock bird, 1 dead hen, no birds, no crowds, no drama, good day to take the gun and dog for a walk

I'm heading there now

We had our area to ourselves at 945 on Saturday am. Hot weather?   We did bump into a couple of strange hikers/dog walkers. Also saw a couple of horses. One hiker had great hair. Brilliant Red!!! No need for orange. 

Edited by Batsto

38 minutes ago, Batsto said:

We had our area to ourselves at 945 on Saturday am

I told my buddy - just go in the late morning or early afternoon on stocking day and you'll be fine. I just don't think he's going on a stocking days after hearing all the war stories. Plus, he's spoiled. He's just used to hunting upland game up in Maine and wants that and knows he isn't going to get that here.

1 hour ago, chessie said:

I went to black river around 3 pm . Lots of dead birds, no gun shots. However the ticks were unfreaking real.. Lost count on how many i pulled off my dog and a few off myself. never saw so many before

how many is "lots" of dead birds? they stocked what 300? there +- for opener. was it 10, 50, 100?

Didn't go. had softball meetings for my kids and it was too warm. Probably be out this week and then deer hunt.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

6 minutes ago, chessie said:

290 stocked. I didnt count i would say 20 or so. mostly roosters.

Did you find them on your own or did you have a dog

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

11 minutes ago, chessie said:

they were all laying out in the open. some were torn apart some were intact some were just feathers.

Might give it a try after work today

I used to stock for a semi wild club before dawn,sob same thing, don't take long for Fox and owls to do that damage!

Good luck today Chessie👍

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt