IGNORED

In NJ stocking chukkar on training WMA this year 2022?

Hello, I just joined. Does anyone know if they stocked or are stocking chukkars for training?

Also im training my 7 month old chessie for upland if anyone would be willing to let me tag along with them i would appreciate it. Im in morris county

close to Berkshire valley and black river WMA. Are there any hunt clubs with openings? I only bird hunt.

TIA

First off, welcome to the site @chessie!  And apologies for the way two particular members acted here, as it certainly isn't how anyone should be treated.

@hunterbob1 and @JD48, people come here to ask questions not be berated.  As much as you are suggesting the member reads the digest, I strongly encourage you both to read the site's rules and guidelines, and also have some common courtesy.  Pretty terrible way to welcome a new member to the site.  Maybe he/she is new to hunting even and it's his/her first time reading the digest.  As you well know, the digest isn't "light" reading material and the rules/regs in NJ are far from simple (take deer seasons and zones for example). @JD48, in all fairness you started well, but then piggybacked on @hunterbob1's replies which were frankly out of line.  Post a helpful reply or simply don't reply.

I've cleaned up this topic to get it back on track.

12 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

First off, welcome to the site @chessie!  And apologies for the way two particular members acted here, as it certainly isn't how anyone should be treated.

@hunterbob1 and @JD48, people come here to ask questions not be berated.  As much as you are suggesting the member reads the digest, I strongly encourage you both to read the site's rules and guidelines, and also have some common courtesy.  Pretty terrible way to welcome a new member to the site.  Maybe he/she is new to hunting even and it's his/her first time reading the digest.  As you well know, the digest isn't "light" reading material and the rules/regs in NJ are far from simple (take deer seasons and zones for example). @JD48, in all fairness you started well, but then piggybacked on @hunterbob1's replies which were frankly out of line.  Post a helpful reply or simply don't reply.

I've cleaned up this topic to get it back on track.

I listed dates and said it makes sense to read digest, is it because Hunter BoB, said the state spends money to print it, a mild joke, I don't think anybody was trying to insult any one

2 hours ago, chessie said:

Hello, I just joined. Does anyone know if they stocked or are stocking chukkars for training?

Also im training my 7 month old chessie for upland if anyone would be willing to let me tag along with them i would appreciate it. Im in morris county

close to Berkshire valley and black river WMA. Are there any hunt clubs with openings? I only bird hunt.

TIA

Chessie, they are stocking Chuckers at selected WMA’s. Take the pup out and start right next to one of the lots. They stock really close and the chuckers really don’t go far. Once you get her started take a trip and hunt a preserve like Hunts Family Preserve in Lambertville. Top notch people and Paul will stock and mark locations of the birds for you if training. He did that for my Boykin which I found to be awesome. Very few preserves will go out of their way for you like Hunts. Good luck and have fun

AWM

1 minute ago, JD48 said:

I listed dates and said it makes sense to read digest, is it because Hunter BoB, said the state spends money to print it, a mild joke, I don't think anybody was trying to insult any one

Yeah at the time you replied, the rest of the context hadn't transpired yet.  So I'll revise, it's always good to recommend the digest but also poor to assume the person hasn't already reviewed it.